Wil jij jouw kennis van Windows en Azure technologie inzetten in een dynamische omgeving?
The job in a nutshell
- As Azure and Windows Server engineer, you support with the implementation, monitoring and maintenance of Finance applications that are designed, deployed, and running in Microsoft Azure Cloud. There we currently multiple Azure subscriptions in use for different Azure DTAP environments, with a total of around 1000 servers. An example is Azure DTAP for Risk Agility FM / HPC application environments that is used for financial modelling within Aegon NL. Examples of Azure services that are currently in use are virtual machines used for development, backups, file servers, SQL databases and storage.
- As Azure and Windows Server engineer, you provide technical support and day to day assistance to +/-175 data/model developers and finance/actuarial specialists. This means deploying and granting virtual machines, troubleshooting, debugging in case of incidents and contacting Microsoft helpdesk in case incidents cannot be resolved by yourself. Short and close collaboration when dealing with incidents and/or support is very important. For example, you work closely with modelling run specialists and provide them real time analysis in case there are issues with production runs. You also monitor that the access to the services does not surpass the line of what users need to do their work, and not more than that, and that extra access is first approved by the management.
- You also support application upgrades, liaise with 3rd party application providers, and monitor and recommend improvements for a stable and cost efficient use of Azure services. For example, if virtual machines are running but not being used, you advise to schedule them only during office hours. In other words, you serve as a trusted advisor to the domain owners of the software development teams and management.
- Finally, close collaboration with global IT departments and together with them patching of Azure services used to eliminate bug fixes, security vulnerabilities, etc. are in scope of the function.
This is your future position, because you:
You have an HBO or Master degree;
- You have worked as an Azure and/or Windows Server engineer in the past and are known to be someone with broad knowledge
- You bring in experience with VM-related tasks, such as deploying VMs, configuring VM for optimum cost/ performance and security, backing up VMs and creating failover recovery
- Networking skills and experience with Powershell Scripting
- SQL Server knowledge: Databases, SSIS Packages, SQ, Maintenance/Troubleshooting
- You are (pro) actively looking for ways to do things faster, easier, cheaper and more automatic
- Good communication skills in talking and writing in English and in Dutch, and ability to teach and supervise a junior Azure engineer
What will you be getting?
- You will be earning between € 4450 and € 7416 per month.
- You will also receive a thirteenth month and a holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flex budget, amounting to 16.7% of your monthly salary.
- Plenty of scope and budget for your personal development.
- A minimum of 27 holiday days.
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses.
- Discount on Aegon life insurance products.
- An excellent pension scheme.
Are you that person who helps our finance specialist with the IT? Then make sure you apply immediately! You will hear back from us very soon. Can’t wait that long, or do you have some more questions? Call Tim Blok at 06-12360106 or send an email to email@example.com. You can find more information about our application process on our website. #LI-TB1