“Enabling DevOps teams to become successful on AWS is what you are all about!”
The job in a nutshell
As a Senior Cloud Platform Engineer within the Cloud & Support domain you will be working on increasing the adoption of a new agile way of software development within Aegon Netherlands. The Cloud & Support domain provides consultancy to Devops teams on how to use new cloud-based technology in the most efficient and effective way. You know everything about software integration, networking, IAM and love automation. In addition you also have a good understanding of the challenges Devops teams face in developing new products, both in Enterprise applications and mobile devices.
You are responsible for recognizing impediments which teams experience when adopting this new way of working within Aegon Netherlands. You analyse these and, together with your colleagues within the Cloud & Support domain, propose solutions to address these problems. You are a born knowledge sharer and champion teamwork and collaboration within and across teams. At the same time, you look around the organization to seek out best practices already out there and challenges that might be too big for one single team to solve.
You love coming up with new and better solutions. That means you’re able to understand technical complexity down to a fundamental level, but also to explain solutions for technical challenges to a broad IT audience. You possess the skills to create reference designs by way of code (Infrastructure as Code) and document these allowing others to adopt or iterate on them. You will of course get these designs aligned with all relevant stakeholders. Getting multiple teams throughout the organization enthusiastic about working towards a common goal and achieving results is what makes you happy (though you will be forgiven if you occasionally smile over a piece of beautifully written code too).
The Cloud & Support domain works according to Agile methodologies. With your team you define and prioritize features (blueprints, reference designs) that will be released. You work on refining user stories so that they can be reliably executed during a sprint. You also liaise with colleagues in similar functions to ensure consistency in our Service Catalogue.
This is your future position, because you:
- Have a Bachelor or Masters Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Can demonstrate more than 5 years of experience as a DevOps or Platform Engineer
- Have worked with AWS in large, corporate environments for at least 2 years
- Have gained experience in Financial Services or another highly regulated industry
- Understand Cloud technology in depth but also oversee the broader IT4IT landscape
- Love working with application developers and are also able to write code yourself (CDK, Cloudformation, Python, Typescript)
- Have a good working knowledge of networking, network security and network services: topics such as Virtual Private Cloud, Routing, VPC Peering, VPC Endpoints, AWS Transit Gateway, Web Application Firewalls and Load Balancers don’t intimidate you.
- Know your way around Operating Systems (Red Hat, Ubuntu, Amazon Linux and MS Windows)
- Have a background in cloud-based API management / integration solutions (preferably Apigee / AWS cloud)
- Fluent in DevOps and CI/CD tools such as Azure DevOps and JFrog Artifactory
- Want to become a valued team member in a team of seasoned specialists allowing you to develop your skills to the next level
- Love coaching and giving guidance to (junior) developers both in your own team and throughout the organization.
- Are inquisitive and like to stay informed on architectural developments, vision and strategy.
Who will be your new colleagues?
The ESS Cloud & Support department is desperate for you to join. Together we’ll make sure we enable teams within Aegon Netherlands by providing an integrated IT4IT platform allowing them to focus on delivering business value. The AWS platform you will be working on is a key part of this proposition.
What will you be getting?
- You will be earning between € 4450 and € 7416 per month.
- You will also receive a thirteenth month and a holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flex budget, amounting to 16.7% of your monthly salary.
- Plenty of scope and budget for your personal development.
- A minimum of 27 holiday days.
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses.
- Discount on Aegon life insurance products.
- An excellent pension scheme.
Are you that person who make DevOps teams in Aegon NL successful on AWS? Then make sure you apply immediately! You will hear back from us very soon. Can’t wait that long, or do you have some more questions? Call Tim Blok at 06-12360106 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find more information about our application process on our website. #LI-TB1