Digital Solutions is the department in IT that is responsible for DevOps of the different digital platforms that customers (consumers, employers, intermediaries) use to interact with Aegon. Digital Solutions is also responsible for building, further developing and operating the Datalake that enables the separation of front-end and back-end systems.
Aegon is in the midst of transitioning into a data-driven, digitally customer-focused organization and implementing an agile way of working.
As the Tech Principal / Software Architect, you will help the Digital Solutions agile teams with technical innovation.
You form the bridge between enterprise architecture and software development in Digital Solutions. You fulfil that role by implementing the latest trends in software development and through your interest in technology in general. You are capable of creating, presenting and implementing a technical roadmap. In this role, you initiate changes and have a real impact on the IT organization.
You are also a source of inspiration for the development community and you play a key role in the quality of the developer community and the hire and recruitment of the right people.
- Closely collaborate with the domain architect, developers, designers, content managers, online marketeers and security to gather the main requirements as input for the technical web architecture
- Identify issues and challenges in the current web environment and propose architectural and technical solutions
- Provide technical assistance to developers for implementing the architecture and help resolve any technical issues as a result
- Support the Business Information Analyst to translate user stories into an appropriate solution in the application chain, document and discuss them with the stakeholders
- You will lead the tech guilds and actively seek contact with (lead) engineers on a daily basis
- You will work from a servant leadership perspective to help your teams improve themselves; you don’t tell them what to do, you work with them and provide input.
- You have proven that you are capable of bringing out the best in people and you also possess the skills to effectively communicate this area / technology approach to the organization
- You know how to inspire others, both Aegon employees and those who work for our close software development partners
- You have a background in development and experience in software development for the AWS cloud
- You are familiar with web security (authentication, authorization, OWASP)
- You have in-depth knowledge of API patterns and GraphQL
- You have worked with Scrum in DevOps teams and you preferably also have experience working with SAFe
- University degree (WO) in IT technology
Aegon aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry. As a global company, we offer excellent terms of employment, a very diverse and inspiring work environment, and development opportunities. Moreover we offer:
•A competitive salary
•Next to that a monthly flexbudget of 16.7% of your monthly salary.
•A good work/life balance including a minimum of 27 vacation days.
•A commuting allowance.
•An excellent pension plan and discounts on Aegon products.