Big shout out to students in the quantitative field. Are you a real data guru and do you want to make impact within the financial services industry? Then an internship at the Analytics & Data Science department is the best way to start your career in the data Science world!
The internship in a nutshell
Data & Analytics is one of the most important strategic themes within Aegon. The use and importance of data and analytics is increasing at a rapid pace. In recent years, investments have been made in building up analytical and research competencies. With this, Aegon the Netherlands has developed a high-quality team that is a front-runner in the field of analytics, data science, customer research and commercial pricing.
As an intern at the Analytics & Data Science department you use smart techniques to develop data-driven products and services for our internal customers. You have a state-of-the-art environment at your disposal for this: Aegon has invested enormously in recent years in the development of a Datalake and a Data Science environment in which you have all data and tools available. You will apply advanced analysis methods to create fact-based insights and algorithms that provide direction to Aegon and thus internal departments. This may include analyses of campaigns, customer value and other forecasting models, product development, pricing, customer processes and distribution, and risk / capital models. Your insights will provide us with the best possible understanding of what is important to customers and what appeals to them, as well as how we can optimize our processes and pricing or will enable us to quickly identify fraud.
Who will be your new colleagues?
The Analytics & Data Science team is a close-knit, ambitious team. We have approximately forty data driven professionals like data scientists, BI experts and pricing experts that all work together with one goal: creating value by using data. The average age is around 30 years old and there is a variety of backgrounds in the department with academic team members who are econometricians, mathematicians and physicists.
However, we all share one passion: building models and algorithms, and deciphering data! We have lunch together, go running or cycling together and we even went on a ski trip with our team. We regularly get together after work and have fun. Many of us are also actively involved in Young Aegon – which organizes fun get-togethers, the Christmas gala and an annual ski trip.
This is your future position, because:
- You are a master's student with a background in econometrics, mathematics, physics or other quantitative MSc programs at a Dutch university.
- You are available at least 3 days a week for a period of at least 3 months.
- You are looking for a regular internship (not a thesis internship).
- You earned high grades, you preferably have gained experience from part-time jobs, extra-curricular activities or you completed an internship abroad.
- You have experience with programming skills such as SQL, R, Python.
- You are fluent in English and willing to learn Dutch (pre).
- You are passionate about solving complex problems, and you are capable of clearly communicating your findings to our departments.
What will you be getting?
We offer you an exciting position, in which you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organization.
- A challenging internship in a dynamic working environment at an industry leading company
- Guidance by experienced colleagues
- An internship compensation of €500 (based on 40 hours a week)
- The space, freedom and responsibility to implement your own ideas
- Free membership at Young Aegon
- Join our onboarding program for new colleagues
Do you have what it takes to become our intern at the Analytics & Data Science department, then we look forward to receiving your application and CV via this webpage. For more information, please contact Charelle Rikkert, at email@example.com.