‘Innovation and agility’, a core need at Aegon since the increasingly fast-paced and ever-evolving environment is crucial to succeed tomorrow. Up for a challenge, passionate about M&A, corporate finance and investments, then this might be your internship at Aegon Corporate Development.
Aegon’s roots go back more than 170 years – to the first half of the nineteenth century. Since then, Aegon has grown into an international company, with businesses in more than 20 countries in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Aegon is one of the world’s leading financial services organizations, providing life insurance, pensions and asset management. Aegon’s purpose is to help people achieve a lifetime of financial security. Over 28,000 Aegon employees help over 26 million customers take responsibility for their financial future. As of December 2017, we managed more than EUR 817 billion of our own and our customers' investments.
The internship in a nutshell
As an intern, you will be actively involved in Corporate Development (M&A) projects, and will be based at Aegon's headquarters in the Hague, the Netherlands. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, both in the context of transaction origination and deal execution. Your activities include:
- Market scanning to identify potential changes in the competitive landscape or overall market trends
- In-depth analysis of companies (financial projections, company profiles etc.), and assessment against a set of criteria for potential qualification as M&A opportunity
- Contribute to valuation analyses, such as DCF, LBO and multiples valuation, as well as other financial modelling
- Review transaction documentation (memorandums, financials, legal documentation)
- Summarize and communicate your findings and conclusions to the project team
This is your future internship, because you:
Are a master students (required) with preferably a background in Economics, Business, Finance, or Econometrics and affinity with M&A. You must be highly motivated with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills.
Furthermore your profile should fulfill the following criteria:
- Excellent academic results combined with extra-curricular activities
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Word (presentation skills, financial modelling, etc)
- Clear communication and strong interpersonal skills (clearly formulate a perspective, show critical thinking)
- Self-starter with the ability and motivation for self-learning
It is required to be enrolled at a Dutch university to take part in this internship. Next to that you will need a Dutch BSN-number, address and Dutch bank account. If you are a non-EU/EER student, you will need a valid residence permit stating that you may work ('arbeid vrij toegestaan'). Applications that do not fulfill this criteria cannot be taken into consideration.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis for an internship period of 5-6 months for 5 days a week.
Who will be your new colleagues?
The Corporate Development team within Aegon is responsible for the execution of mergers, acquisitions, partnerships and divestments across the globe. Our goal is to deliver on Aegon’s strategy, by pursuing transactions that enhance the value of our global platform, explore new distribution channels (e.g. digital) and help better connect with our customers.
What will you be getting?
- Customized training program, to enhance your Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Relevant working experience by actively supporting both origination and execution of M&A transactions across the Americas, Europe and Asia
- Exposure to transactions across different business lines (i.e. insurance, pensions, asset management, FinTech and banking), distribution channels and geographies
- Large international deal flow, initiated and executed within the Corporate Development team of 10 highly driven professionals
- Free membership at Young Aegon
- Join our onboarding program for new colleagues
People are living longer, and at Aegon we are excited by the opportunities this brings. We are here for everyone who wants to make the most of their time on our planet and leave it a little better than they found it. Aegon is a coordinated, diversified, international financial services group. We are here to support every stage of a long, healthy life with mentorship, financial advice, and propositions. With our solutions for investment, protection, and retirement, we give people the confidence to make the right choices for their future.
To succeed in our mission, we are looking for curious, ambitious and empathic employees who dare to speak out and finish what they start. At Aegon, we are committed to encouraging a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a Financial Institution – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from harnessing distinct perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
Aegon NL and a.s.r. will continue as one financial institution in the Netherlands
Aegon the Netherlands and a.s.r. have decided to continue together as a.s.r. If you apply for this vacancy, you will receive more information from the Talent Acquisition Business Partner about what this means for your application process.
Do you have what it takes to become our intern at Corporate Development, then we look forward to receiving your application and CV via this webpage. For more information, please contact Max Kokhuis at +31 (0)6-27346418 or via firstname.lastname@example.org. The application process consist of 3 interviews including a case.