Are you seeking a career in an inspiring, enthusiastic, international, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Want to work at one of the largest Global Financial Institutions? If you thrive in a fast-paced, hands-on, and team-oriented environment where you can have a big impact on the organization, Aegon should be your next employer!
We are seeking a seasoned Digital & Data Privacy counsel to join our Group Legal team at our international headquarters in The Hague, the Netherlands. The Department is committed to a trusting and collaborative culture where we value growth and development. We engage proactively with our business colleagues to truly understand them and to deliver results for our company and for our clients. The Digital & Data Privacy Counsel sits within the Group Legal Department and is in the process of being build-out. As a result, this is an especially exciting time to be involved.
- Provide advice to the General Counsel, the Head of Group Legal and the Global Head of Regulatory Compliance, as requested as well as at own initiative, on the legal and regulatory requirements and developments and on how Aegon should operate. This includes benchmarking with other high profile listed corporations, inside the financial sector as well as in other industries.
- Build and maintain the contacts with the responsible staff in the Aegon units—form a committee of experts across Aegon who are empowered to manage these obligations
- Responsible for developing and maintaining safeguards for protecting personal data throughout the organisation based on the so called Binding Corporate Rules methodology, or similar global framework.
- Establish and monitor overall compliance across Aegon with the Privacy Rules (first line);
- Act as a Aegon wide point of expertise and as an interface for sharing best practices across Aegon; support local operations where needed;
- Devise appropriate data protection tools and data privacy training and awareness for individuals to comply with their responsibilities under the Privacy Rules;
- Coordinate, in conjunction with the appropriate Privacy Officers and/or Privacy Officers network, official investigations, data leaks, or inquiries into the processing of personal data by a public authority;
- Approve transfers of personal data in conflict with the laws of the EEA;
- Assure dealing with conflicts between the Privacy Rules and applicable law.
We’re looking for a strategic, forward-thinking and experienced legal counsel. You must be an established professional with experience in delivering and advising on matters focused on data protection and privacy laws as well as broader digital and data rich initiatives like analytics, robotics and machine learning. Ideally, you have worked in an international corporate environment dealing with various stakeholders in a matrix organization..
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Expert legal professional with minimum of 10 years’ experience.
- In depth legal and technical knowledge around digital initiatives, data privacy and security on a global basis.
- In depth legal knowledge around procurement contracting
- Demonstrates relevant experience of how data protection and security laws worldwide operate in practice in the insurance industry.
- Knowledge of business management, business processes, marketing and culture are preferred
- Strong skills in gathering, assessing, and disseminating privacy-related information both to internal and external audiences
- Ability to negotiate and handle disturbances (conflict management)
- Develop and maintain complex internal and external relationships
- Strong strategy setting skills around privacy and digital initiatives
- Collaborative attitude, strong communication skills and ability to work across a decentralized organization
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills
- Very good planning, prioritizing and goal setting skills
- Very good problem solving and decision making skills
- Able to challenge conventional practices and pursue continuous improvement
- Fluency in English (both written and oral)
Terms and conditions of employment
We offer you an interesting position where you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organization. Growth and development are important to us, that is why we invest amply in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excellent package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holiday days;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. An online assessment is part of the selection process. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager Dave.Heilbron@aegon.com or +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97.