Are you seeking a career in an inspiring, enthusiastic, international, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Want to work at one of the largest Global Financial Institutions? Want to lead a global team of RFP Specialists? Aegon should be your next employer!
Aegon Asset Management (AAM) is a global, active investment manager. Investors worldwide entrust our organization to manage approximately €345 billion on their behalf. Aegon Asset Management has operations throughout the UK, Continental Europe, North America and Asia.
AAM requires a commercially minded and experienced individual with strong leadership and RFP skills and experience. Based in the Netherlands, UK or USA, you will be leading a group of 9 RFP specialists. You will be ensuring the accurate and timely delivery of the firm’s tender documentation and management of the firm’s database profiles. Define quality writing standards and ensure that all RFPs, RFIs, DDQs and database content meet the firm’s writing and brand standards.
Reporting into the Global Head of Marketing, the responsibilities of this role will entail:
- Lead a multi-lingual and multi-locational team. Perform people management responsibilities, which involves resourcing (as required), performance management, development, motivation, guidance and direction. Establish a culture that is responsive to the needs of the business, and ensure compliance with regulatory and business process requirements.
- Ensure that the all Aegon AM’s RFPs, RFIs and DDQs are accurate and delivered according to the appropriate standards and by requested deadlines.
- Manage the firm’s database profiles and firm entries across databases, ensuring all data is accurate and uploaded in a timely manner.
- Ensure consistency between database entries, tender documents and marketing collateral.
- Review database search criteria to ensure Aegon AM entries are complete.
- Define quality standards for writing and data. Ensure documents meet these standards and continually develop the writing skills and investment expertise of the teams.
- Manage the Qvidian RFP database for global use by RFP team members and the Global Client Group. Oversee the standardization of responses within Qvidian, and manage the timely updating and compliance approval of responses stored within it.
- Ensure the most efficient and effective use of available resources in the production of tender documents.
- Ensure all output from the teams conforms with Aegon AM’s agreed “tone of voice” and brand standards.
- Ensure overall compliances with the relevant internal policies and regulatory regimes as these apply to the activities performed by the teams, and make sure that risks are identified and managed.
- Liaise with portfolio managers to ensure the production of tender documents, presenting the firm and its strategies accurately.
- Liaise with client facing teams and fund managers as needed to prepare tender documents.
- Make sure that the team identifies and implements efficiencies in how data is acquired, stored and used in RFPs to improve production accuracy, consistency and speed across these types of outputs.
- Ensure that the team works with fund managers and client facing people to increase level of standardized content and reduce development of bespoke material to optimize available resources.
We’re looking for a strategic, forward-thinking and experienced professional who has significant international RFP and Investment Writing experience within an international financial institution. You combine strategic thinking with a pragmatic can do mentality. You have strong influencing skills and are able to cultivate and maintain good working relationships. Also able to provide critical feedback and handle sensitive issues when needed. Has the gravitas and experience to give credible advice and inspire confidence.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- An undergraduate degree is required but a graduate degree within business, communication, marketing, finance, or related field is preferred.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience within RFP and Investment Writing.
- Strong technical knowledge of the financial markets and portfolio management.
- Familiarity with consultant databases.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- People management experience and influencing skills.
- Creative thinker with organizational ability and stakeholder management.
- Proven experience in building and maintaining relationships across a variety of disciplines.
- Awareness of the regulatory framework and its impact on our communications strategy.
- Excellent ability to organize and strong attention to detail.
- Energy, commitment and ability to maintain a sense of humor and perspective under pressure and changing priorities. Able to balance a varied workload.
- Self-starter; personally motivated, resourceful, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, global, virtual work environment.
- Highly organized, thorough and detail-oriented.
Terms and conditions of employment
We offer you an interesting position where you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organization. Growth and development are important to us, that is why we invest amply in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excellent package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holiday days;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
This position can be based in the Netherlands, UK or USA
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. An online assessment is part of the selection process. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager Dave.Heilbron@aegon.com or +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97.