“Because of you, our global infrastructure department supports our country units with the best suitable IT operating platform, applications and services”
The job in a nutshell
Global Technology Services (GTS) provides IT infrastructure and application support services to the Aegon businesses. GTS is responsible for the provisioning, support and ongoing maintenance of IT operating platforms, applications and services. Additional GTS responsibilities include providing IT infrastructure solutions that are in alignment with business objectives and the Global technology strategy.
This newly created role will partner with an Aegon business unit and serve as a member of the Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure leadership team. The Regional Infrastructure Leader will represent all GTS Infrastructure provided services and form a strong partnership with the business unit CTO, its IT leaders, and C-level business executives. This role will serve as an active member of both the Business IT Leadership and GTS Infrastructure Leadership teams, with a mandate to improve communications and strengthen partnerships. This includes participating in GTS and BU strategy sessions as an active contributor by providing and representing strategy on behalf of both organizations. The Regional Infrastructure Leader will also work closely with the Finance teams to provide a more complete understanding of the GTS infrastructure costs, including how expenses can be better understood, managed, and reduced.
- Forms a strategic partnership between the business unit IT function and GTS through active listening, collaboration and complete transparency
- Contributes to business unit and GTS strategic and operational initiatives planning discussions and seeks to create a clear understanding of priorities.
- Have sufficient technical depth to be able to solve problems and provide insight and answers to both the business and GTS with minimal delegation
- Identify opportunities where GTS infrastructure and the business units can work closer together in order to better deliver for the end customer
- Partners with respective finance teams to gain understanding of current spend and future needs.
- Proposes innovative and thought-leading solutions to create efficiencies for the businesses
- Effectively manages competing priorities and all demands placed upon systems which may require negotiating priorities with various departments within GTS and/or with the business.
- Continually seeks to improve processes and performance improvement by applying best practices and cost-benefit-analyses for all initiatives used.
- May manage staff training plans, career planning opportunities, performance evaluations, in additional to coaching and mentoring staff.
- Actively builds networks with external industry and uses these to bring best practice and new ideas into the business
This is your future position, because you have:
- Preferable a Masters degree in related field or equivalent training/experience required.
- Exceptional communicator - including verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Strong negotiation skills in working with internal and external entities.
- Solid understand of IT spend and budgeting.
- Experience and understanding of IT infrastructure function within financial services.
- Experience of working at senior level within a global IT function.
- Significant experience working at different levels and specialisms within Information Technology, to include: Management of IT change programmes;
- Partnering with business areas as subject matter expert;
- Design and implementation of new technologies and initiatives;
- Leadership experience essential, preferably having worked in partnership with C-Level business stakeholders
- Extensive understanding of IT infrastructure and experience of multiple IT systems.
What will you be getting?
- You will be earning a highly competitive monthly salary.
- You will also receive a thirteenth month and a holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flex budget, amounting to 16.7% of your monthly salary
- Plenty of scope and budget for your personal development
- A minimum of 27 holiday days
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses
- Discount on Aegon life insurance products
- An excellent pension scheme.
Are you that person who helps our global IT team to serve best? Then make sure you apply immediately! You will hear back from us as soon as possible. Can’t wait that long, or do you have some more questions? Call Tim Blok at 06-12360106 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find more information about our application process on our website. #LI-TB1