Get ready to kick start your quantitative career in Aegon’s Technical Development Program!
application processThe job in a nutshell
Aegon needs high-potentials like you to realize our purpose in the fast-changing environment of the 21st century. That's why we offer high-potentials with a quantitative background the support and opportunity to fully develop as a professional within Aegon through the Technical Development Program (TDP).
What’s this program about? You will embark on a challenging position in one of our three business units in The Hague: Aegon Corporate Center (global headquarters); Aegon The Netherlands and Aegon Asset Management. Working in one position for 2 years offers you: real responsibility, autonomy and the chance to truly boost your expertise and personal development.
During these two years you will get to know Aegon in a broad sense by working on an Aegon project with fellow TDP participants and networking with Aegon peers and senior management.
Through mentoring and soft skill training modules you get the opportunity to:
- develop your self-insight & self-awareness;
- boost your communication skills & message impact;
- improve your project management & leadership skills.
You will be given the tools and flexibility to obtain the professional accreditation most applicable to your career path, such as CFA, FRM or actuarial accreditations.
After two years we will mutually evaluate whether you would like to embark on the follow up of the program and further boost your talents at TDP Next: a 4-year follow up to the TDP, based on job rotation. During this part of the program you will rotate to a another challenging position in another business unit, every two years. And, last but not least, the program offers you the opportunity to work abroad for a short or longer period. Upon successful completion of TDP Next, you can expect a senior expert or managerial role at any of Aegon's offices around the world.
This is your future position, because you:
- have obtained a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in a quantitative or technical discipline, such as econometrics, actuarial science, financial econometrics, quantitative risk management, mathematics, astronomy or physics. Your minimum grade point average is 3.4 (out of 4) or a 7.5 (out of 10);
- have gained a maximum of 3 years of work experience and/or you gained experience through various extracurricular activities;
- are looking for a challenging position within a financial organization in which you learn all about the quantitative playing field and how you can have impact on realizing Aegon’s purposes;
- aspire to switch roles frequently so you develop a broad view of the organization and your field of expertise;
- speak English fluently.
Who will be your new colleagues?
Of course, you will be working intensively with your colleagues of the team in which you are placed. Besides that, you will meet up with your fellow participants frequently for lunch & learn sessions, training modules or social events. You can also extend your network by joining the events of Young Aegon.
When does the program start and when can you start?
The program starts once a year, in September. However, that doesn't mean that you have to wait until September to apply or to start with your first job. You can always apply for this program, even though if you still have to obtain your Master's degree. Just mention the graduation date clearly on your resume.
Have you graduated already and do you want to kick-start your career right now? You can start now in a TDP-job and commence your program in September. The rotation of your job will then be after two years + the extra months you started earlier.
At this moment we have one interesting job opportunity within the TDP available. Interested in joining us already? We are looking for a Model Validator at Aegon Asset Management. Is this your future position?
What will you be getting?
- You will be earning between € 2.800,- and € 3.300,-
- You will also receive a thirteenth month and a holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flex budget, amounting to 16.7% of your monthly salary
- Plenty of scope and budget for your personal development
- A minimum of 27 holiday days
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses
- Discount on Aegon life insurance products
- An excellent pension scheme
Are you interested in joining Aegon’s TDP program in The Hague? We look forward to receiving your resume, cover letter and your list of exam marks report (bachelor and master’s degree). We suggest you upload your list of marks together with your cover letter as the same document. For more information about the program, you can contact Monica Ceulen (Talent Acquisition Manager ) at +31 6 82528238 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find more information about our application process on our website.