We are looking for an Actuarial Risk Manager for the Risk Management Department at Aegon Nederland. Will you reinforce our great team at Aegon?
As Actuarial Risk Manager you support the Actuarial Function Holder for Aegon Nederland (Pensions, Life and Non-Life) in the assessment of the adequacy of the technical provisions for the various insurance entities in scope of Solvency II.
In addition, you deliver high-quality input to the second-line assessment of the control of actuarial risks, reinsurance and adequate pricing of products. A strategic contribution towards the Risk Management in general is also expected. IFRS17 is receiving increasing attention in our department as well. In your activities you will cooperate frequently with many other teams such as Risk Methodology, SII and Actuarial Reporting, Model Validation as well as Pensions, Life and Non-Life departments regarding e.g. Pricing.
About the department
Aegon NL has a pro-active 2nd line. This implies you have the possibility to contribute to key developments in the early stages (e.g. designing scenarios deemed important to be part of the ORSA). In addition, we keep on investing in data analytics solutions that aid us in improving the execution of our tasks. The Actuarial Risk Management Department is part of the Actuarial Function within Aegon Nederland. Departing from this capacity you are responsible for the monitoring and assessment of the adequacy of technical provisions (methodology, calibration and calculation), underwriting risks and risk control measures, which were implemented by the first line. The objective is that the risk exposure of Aegon Nederland is such that it contributes to the realisation of the business targets and is acceptable to the relevant stakeholders, e.g. customers, employees, investors and supervisory authorities.
The team consist of 6 professionals who take interest in each other and enjoy working together with each other and the Actuarial Functionholder on complex topics.
As Actuarial Risk Manager you are able to analyse complex problems, form your opinion and you are able to substantiate this opinion clearly and accurately and share it with (senior) management as well as the external auditor. In addition, you have broad knowledge of one or more of the following productlines: non-life, life, pensions. You handle stakeholders professionally and you can be convincing and persistent in your judgement. You can operate flexibly in a dynamic environment. In addition you possess:
- Actuarial education or a completed quantitative university education (e.g. econometrics, (technical) mathematics);
- 3+ years of experience in a comparable position at a financial institution or financial consulting firm;
- knowledge of and experience with Solvency II;
- affinity with financial processes (actuarial, risk management, accounting, control)
- high level of proficiency in English and preferably Dutch (both written and verbal);
- the ability to communicate complex actuarial matters to stakeholders in word and writing in a short, concise and clear manner.
- Analytical Skills:
- Ability to gather, research, compare and analyze complex data models and develop clear logical interpretation and application.Results drive
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude.
- Act as a role model
- Prioritizing and planning time and resources
- Attention to detail
Terms and conditions of employment
We offer you an interesting position where you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organisation. Growth and development are important to us, that is why we invest amply in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excellent package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
- a competiive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holidays;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. An online assessment is part of the selection process. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Acquisition Business Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0) 6 83 25 44 97