Are you seeking a career in an inspiring, enthusiastic, international, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Want to work at one of the largest Dutch Financial Institutions and be responsible for Model Validation on a Global Level? Aegon should be your next employer!
Aegon Asset Management (AAM) is a global, active investment manager. Investors worldwide entrust our organization to manage approximately €345 billion on their behalf. Aegon Asset Management has operations throughout the UK, Continental Europe, North America and Asia. The Global Head of Model Validation will be responsible for all aspects of independent review and challenge of pricing, valuations, market risk and counterparty credit risk models used within Aegon Asset Management.
As Head of Model Validation you will be involved with among other with the models which are being developed in the context of IFRS9 and IFRS17 requirements. Together with the heads of MV and Model Risk Management at Aegon Group you are challenged to harmonize model risk management across Aegon Group and bring uniform standards to modelling teams. You will hierarchically report to the Chief Risk Officer of AAM.
- Further strengthen the implementation of the Aegon Group Model Risk and Validation framework within AAM
- Oversee and execute the ongoing model validation calendar of AAM
- Manage a team of 3 model validators in US, UK, and/or NL
- Validate complex financial and mathematical models used for a range of purposes, such as pricing, hedging and risk management.
- Assure and maintain high quality of model validations and proactively monitoring outstanding gaps.
- Establish and maintain good working relations with model owners and other stakeholders
- Responsible for reporting to the Model Validation Committee and other management on model risk and validation status
- Collaborate with peers in the AAM CR&CO domain, and various stakeholders in the wider Aegon organisation
You enjoy being challenged with complex issues and models. You have a track-record of structuring and keeping and overview over a complex domain, and you are equally comfortable stimulating group cooperation and working independently. You are fluent in communicating in English and are able to manage an international team.
In addition, you have the following qualifications:
- A Master’s or PhD degree in the field of quantitative finance, econometrics, physics, etc.
- 3- 6 years of relevant experience within quantitative (validation) modelling (experience with modelling (validation) of pension and life insurance liabilities is a positive).
- Prior people management and project management experience
- Demonstrated the ability to negotiate with influence and lead individuals outside of their direct reporting line, often at a more senior level
- Ability to work in a strong changing and international environment
- Ability to present and interact with various levels of management
- Experience or potential as a global leader and overseeing teams across countries
- Availability to travel
- Experience of at least one of the following programing languages: Visual Basic, R or Matlab
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships whilst at the same time safeguarding your independence
- You are comfortable in making decisions and prioritising
- You are a team builder, making the most effective use of the different qualities of team members, enabling their growth
Terms and conditions of employment
We offer you an interesting position where you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organization. Growth and development are important to us, that is why we invest amply in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excellent package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holiday days;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97