We are looking for a Model Risk Validator (Financial / Quant) with an affinity for derivatives and financial modeling. Are you ready for the next step in your career? Then join us at Aegon Asset Management in the Netherlands!
The job in a nutshell
The Model Risk Validator will be responsible for executing validation of a wide variety of models and engines that are developed throughout Aegon Asset Management, including quantitative and financial models that help drive investment decisions in the Front Office. The Validator will be part of the Portfolio Risk Management team within Asset Management, and may independently validate models or team up with a colleague from the Operational Risk Management team. The Validator will be responsible for reviewing model development evidence, conducting model replication and back-testing, and verifying that the models being reviewed are appropriate for use. He/she will also assist in assessing and managing model risk and will contribute to further developing the model risk management framework. This position requires regular interaction with the various internal stakeholders; these may be detailed modelling discussions with the model developers as well as interactions with senior management on overall Model Risk topics.
Your responsibilities include testing and validating models, including quantitative / financial models for the Front Office. You'll Interact with the Quant Desk to gather model related information and clarify model related questions. Next to that you'll work closely with model owners and model users to understand the models’ use and business applications. You'll communicate your findings and recommendations to the Model Risk Management Committee. as you can read, your presentation and communication skills should be good, in order to do so. And last but not least, you'll be contributing in monitoring model validation findings, evaluating remediation actions and enhancing procedures for model validation to meet new standards.
This is your future position, because you:
- Have obtained a Master’s Degree in a quantitative topic
- Have approx. 1-4 years of work experience in a quantitative, risk or data driven role
- Have strong interest in, and knowledge of financial instruments (through relevant experience, study or otherwise) and quantitative methods in finance
- Are a team player, but also capable of working independently to complete tasks
- Have knowledge of a programming language such as Matlab or Python
- Are eager to learn, you have attention to detail and are an accurate worker
- Are fluent in English (both written and oral) and have excellent communication skills
Who will be your new colleagues?
As a Portfolio Risk Manager you will be part of a team dedicated to investment risk management activities in support of Aegon Asset Management’s portfolios. More specifically, you will work in the Portfolio Risk Management and Control (PRMC) department consisting of a team of 10 investment-focused risk professionals located in The Hague. You will be reporting to the Head of PRMC of Aegon Asset Management. You’ll also be part of Aegon Asset Management; a global, active investment manager. Investors worldwide entrust our organization to manage approximately €345 billion on their behalf. Aegon Asset Management has operations throughout the UK, Continental Europe, North America and Asia.
Technical Development Program
This position can be part of the Technical Development Program, a talent program for young professionals with a background in quantitative finance. For more information about this program click here.
What we offer?
- You will be earning a competitive salary
- A challenging job for 40 hours a week.
- You will also receive a thirteenth month and a holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flex budget, amounting to 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- Plenty of scope and budget for your personal development;
- A minimum of 27 holiday days;
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses;
- Discount on Aegon life insurance products;
- An excellent pension scheme.
Are you that person that will strengthen our Portfolio Risk department? Then make sure you apply immediately! Do you have some questions? Call Monica Ceulen, Talent Acquisition Manager at +31 (0)6 82528238 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. An online assessment will be part of the process. You can find more information about our application process on our website.