Are you seeking a career in an inspiring, enthusiastic, international, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Want to work at one of the largest Dutch Financial Institutions? Want to get a deeper understanding of the insurance industry and gain more experience within Operational Risk in a major corporate on an international level? Aegon should be your next employer!
As a risk analyst, you are our spill in embedding and optimizing Aegon’s global OR methodology and tooling. In this role, you provide expertise to develop and embed the operational risk standards. With your data analytics skills, you design and prepare operational risk reports to inform Aegon’s Management Board and Supervisory Board.
You further support the oversight on the implementation of the operational risk framework and promote a strong risk culture throughout the organization.
You will form sustainable, productive relationships and work closely with the Regional Operational Risk teams, to embed our operational risk management tool as well as ensuring qualitative risk and control assessment processes are effectively implemented and reported regularly.
Reporting into the Head of Operational Risk, the responsibilities of this role will include:
- Ensuring the effective implementation of key operational risk tooling: implementing, developing, optimizing and maintaining the global OneSumX application.
- Design and prepare global operational risk reports and analytics.
- Support the oversight and challenge to the Regional identification, assessment, validation and reporting of operational risks and risk events – and ensuring that appropriate action is taken to mitigate risks.
- Support the effective implementation of the Operational Risk Framework (such as Operational Risk Policy, Third Party Risk Management Policy, Business Continuity Policy), Aegon’s Internal Control Framework and related standards/guidance.
As Operational Risk Analyst, you are a dedicated team player with a hands-on mentality and result-oriented. You have very strong communication skills with ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical stakeholders. You also have proven influencing and relationship management skills and you are able to challenge conventional practices and pursue continuous improvement. You have an excellent practical understanding and experience of operational risk management and strong commercial awareness.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- An expert with at least 5-7 years’ experience of which several years in operational risk management;
- A strong understanding of ORM practices and techniques including experience in the development and implementation of risk policies and risk tooling;
- Operational risk data analytics experience
- Learn and apply new concepts and demonstrate career self-reliance
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Attention to detail and accurate worker
- Good communication and relationship management skills;
- Experience in an international corporate setting desirable;
- Fluency in English (both written and oral).
- The ideal candidate will be focused on excellence and delivery, resilient and able to work with many and varied deliverables.
Terms and conditions of employment
We offer you an interesting position where you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organization. Growth and development are important to us. That is why we invest amply in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excellent package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holiday days;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. An online assessment is part of the selection process. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97.