FunctieAre you seeking a career in an inspiring, enthusiastic, international, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Want to work at one of the largest Dutch Financial Institutions? Want to get a deeper understanding of the insurance industry and gain more experience within Operational Risk in a major corporate on an international level? Aegon should be your next employer!
As a risk manager, you will provide global expertise in Operational Risk methodology and tooling. You will provide expertise and leadership across the Group to develop and embed the operational risk standards in practice and prepare operational risk reports to the Aegon’s Management Board and Supervisory Board.
You further support the oversight on special projects and promote a strong risk culture throughout the organization. Your contribution will play a significant part in helping Aegon to deliver successful outcomes covering a range of risk projects driven by strategic priorities or the regulatory change agenda.
You will form sustainable, productive relationships and work closely with key stakeholders across the organization and Aegon as a whole, including the Regional Operational Risk teams, to embed a risk aware culture as well as ensuring qualitative risk and control assessment processes are effectively implemented and reported regularly.
Reporting into the Head of Operational Risk, the responsibilities of this role will include:
- Enhancing operational risk identification and assessment via facilitation of workshops/meetings, structured self-assessments and regular communication.
- Prepare global operational risk reports and analytics.
- Providing oversight and challenge to the Regional identification, assessment, validation and reporting of operational risks and risk events – and ensuring that appropriate action is taken to mitigate risks.
- Ensuring the effective implementation of key operational risk tooling: implementing, developing and maintaining the global OneSumX application.
- Maintain and support application of Operational Risk Policy and related standards/guidance.
- Provide risk oversight of special projects, including M&A activities and strategic modernization programs.
- Coordinate and perform remuneration related risk assessments.
As Operational Risk Manager, you are a dedicated team player with a hands on mentality and result oriented. You have very strong communication skills with ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical stakeholders. You also have proven influencing and relationship management skills and you are able to challenge conventional practices and pursue continuous improvement. You have an excellent practical understanding and experience of operational risk management and strong commercial awareness.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- An expert with at least 5-7 years’ experience of which several years in operational risk management;
- A strong understanding of ORM practices and techniques including experience in the development and implementation of risk policies and risk tooling;
- Learn and apply new concepts and demonstrate career self-reliance
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Attention to detail and accurate worker
- Good communication and relationship management skills;
- Experience in an international corporate setting desirable;
- Fluency in English (both written and oral).
- The ideal candidate will be focused on excellence and delivery, resilient and able to work with many and varied deliverables.
AanbodAegon aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry. As a global company, we offer excellent terms of employment, a very diverse and inspiring work environment, and development opportunities. Moreover we offer:
- A competitive salary.
- As extra you receive a 13th Month and a holiday allowance as a flexbudget of 16.7% of your monthly salary.
- A good work/life balance including a minimum of 27 vacation days.
- A commuting allowance.
- An excellent pension plan and discounts on Aegon products.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. An online assessment is part of the selection process. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager Dave.Heilbron@aegon.com or +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97 or Mariana Mazza, Head of Operational Risk Management within Aegon Corporate Center Mariana.Mazza@aegon.com