FunctieCurrently, we are looking for an Operational Risk Manager for the Group Risk – Operational & Model Risk (OMRM) department. Are you ready for the next step in your career? Then join our OMRM team at Aegon Corporate Center!
About the department
Part of Aegon’s Group Risk function, the Operational and Model Risk Management department consists of:
- Model Validation
- Risk Governance
- Operational Risk
- Internal Control
As a risk manager, you provide global expertise in Operational Risk methodology and tooling. You provide expertise and leadership across the Group to develop and embed the operational risk standards in practice and prepare operational risk reports to the Management Board and Supervisory Board.
You further support the oversight on special projects and promote a strong risk culture throughout the organization.
As a risk manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Operational Risk Tooling
- Implement, develop and maintain global OneSumX application (one of the priorities for 2019)
- Provide other enabling tools, including training materials
- Operational Risk Reporting
- Maintain and develop operational risk reporting templates
- Prepare global operational risk reports and analytics
- Operational Risk Methodology
- Maintain and support application of OR policy and related standards/guidance
- Ensure input for operational risk capital model, interpret and report results
- Operational Risk Culture
- Maintain and support implementation of global risk awareness programs
- Coordinate and perform remuneration related risk assessments
- Special Projects, including Modernization
- Monitor and report upon risks associated with strategic modernization programs
- Provide risk oversight of special projects, including M&A activities
- Support ERM Maturity Assessments
ProfielAs a risk manager, you have very strong communication skills with ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical stakeholders. You also have proven influencing and relationship management skills and you are able to challenge conventional practices and pursue continuous improvement.
- Degree-level qualifications;
- An expert with at least 5-7 years’ experience of which several years in operational risk management;
- A strong understanding of ORM practices and techniques including experience in the development and implementation of risk policies and risk tooling;
- Learn and apply new concepts and demonstrate career self-reliance
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Good communication and relationship management skills;
- Experience in an international corporate setting desirable;
- Fluency in English (both written and oral).
AanbodAegon aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry. As a global company, we offer excellent terms of employment, a very diverse and inspiring work environment, and development opportunities. Moreover we offer:
- A competitive salary.
- As extra you receive a 13th Month and a holiday allowance as a flexbudget of 16.7% of your monthly salary.
- A good work/life balance including a minimum of 27 vacation days.
- A commuting allowance.
- An excellent pension plan and discounts on Aegon products.