FunctieAs Risk Manager you support the Actuarial Function Holder for Aegon NL (Pensions, Life and Non-Life) in the assessment of the adequacy of the technical provisions for the various insurance entities in scope of Solvency II.
In addition, you deliver high-quality input to the second-line assessment of the control of underwriting risks, reinsurance and adequate pricing of products and a strategic contribution towards the Risk Management in general is always expected. In the near future IFRS17 will receive ever more attention. In your activities you will cooperate frequently with other teams within the second line, e.g. Model Validation or Financial Risk Management.
About the department
Risk Management & Compliance (RM&C) is part of the second line, as distinguished within Aegon’s Enterprise Risk Management framework (ERM). The Underwriting Risk Management (URM) Department is part of RM&C. Departing from this capacity URM is responsible for the monitoring and assessment of the underwriting risks and risk control measures, which were implemented by the first line. The objective is that the risk exposure of Aegon Nederland (Aegon NL) is such that it contributes to the realisation of the business targets and is acceptable to the relevant stakeholders, e.g. customers, employees, investors and supervisory authorities.
ProfielAs Underwriting Risk Manager you have broad knowledge of pensions, life and non-life products. In addition, you are able to analyse complex problems, form your opinion and you are able to substantiate this opinion clearly and accurately and share it with (senior) management as well as the external auditor. You handle stakeholders professionally and you can be convincing and persistent in your judgement. You can operate flexibly in a dynamic environment. In addition you possess:
- Actuarial education or a completed quantitative university education (e.g. econometrics, (technical) mathematics);
- 3-6 years of experience in a comparable position at a financial institution, preferably an insurance company;
- knowledge of and experience with Solvency II;
- affinity with financial processes (actuarial, financial risk management, accounting, control)
- high level of proficiency in English and Dutch (both written and verbal);
- the ability to communicate complex actuarial matters to stakeholders in word and writing in a short, concise and clear manner.
- Analytical Skills:
- Ability to gather, research, compare and analyze complex data models and develop clear logical interpretation and application.
- Results driven
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude.
- Act as a role model
- Prioritizing and planning time and resources
- Attention to detail
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 annual leave days;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.