Currently, we are looking for a Risk Manager. Are you ready for the next step in your career? Then join us at Aegon Asset Management in the Netherlands!
Aegon Asset Management is a global, active investment manager. Investors worldwide entrust our organization to manage approximately €345 billion on their behalf. Aegon Asset Management has operations throughout the UK, Continental Europe, North America and Asia.
The CRO domain of Aegon Asset Management NL organization is responsible for the risk management of the asset managed in The Netherlands, as well for compliance to internal and external guidelines and regulation. The domain is organized in three teams: Operational Risk Management, Portfolio Risk Management and Control, and Compliance as consists of in total 25 FTE located in Groningen and The Hague reporting up to the AAM NL CRO.
In this role, you will be involved in all three disciplines of risk. You will have a front-running role in bringing the disciplines closer together, by leveraging existing capabilities and develop new ones. You will be a ‘linking pin’ between the teams, when it comes to BaU activities and projects that overarch the three areas. As a risk manager, you will provide expertise in risk identification, risk assessment, monitoring, and reporting. You will a sparring partner for the business, which you will also challenge and oversee. You further promote a strong risk culture throughout the organization. Your contribution will help us to deliver on our local and global plans and to help improve our standards and practices.
This role will provide a great opportunity to gain experience in risk management, and to gain experience in the different aspects of an asset management organization. There will be opportunities to develop your leadership skills by coordinating between local and global risk teams in US, Spain, Hungary, and UK as well as with Aegon Group and by working with our internal and external stakeholders. Your day to day activities will help you further extend your risk management knowledge and the aim of this role is to become a well-rounded risk manager with strong leadership skills.
Reporting directly to the AIM CRO, the responsibilities of this role will include:
- Continuous risk identification and assessment
- Ensure you keep up to date with internal and external guidelines and regulation
- Contribute to BaU activities like model validation, executing monitors, risk reporting, and control monitoring in the areas of operational risk, financial risk, and compliance.
- Support and challenge large change projects from a risk management view point
- Provide back fill to the risk teams during demanding periods
- Work with other global risk teams on enhancing and aligning our framework
- Be a leader when it comes to combining risk disciplines
As a risk manager, you are a dedicated team player that knows to find the right balance between supporting and challenging the business. You have good, both oral and written, communications skills and are able to work directly with internal and external stakeholders. You have experience in risk management and the financial industry and are looking to further extend and apply this knowledge.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Economics or similar
- 3-5 years of experience in risk management
- Team players that is energized by working with others to complete tasks
- Good communication skills
- Eager to learn and demonstrate self-reliance
- Attention to detail and accurate worker
- Fluency in Dutch and English (both written and oral)
What we offer
Aegon Asset Management aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry. As a global company, we offer excellent terms of employment, a very diverse and inspiring work environment, and development opportunities. Moreover we offer:
- A competitive salary
- As extra you receive a 13th Month and a holiday allowance as a flexbudget of 16.7% of your monthly salary.
- Good work/life balance including a minimum of 27 vacation days.
- A commuting allowance.
- An excellent pension plan and discounts on Aegon products.
Are you interested in joining our <name team/department> team in The Hague? We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter. For more information about the role, you can contact Anne van Busselen, Talent Acquisition Manager at +31 (0)6 23792726 or email@example.com.