Are you looking for a career in an inspiring, enthusiastic, international, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Do you want to work at one of the largest Dutch financial institutions? Do you want to be the team lead of our Financial Risk Department within the international holding? Aegon should be your next employer!
Aegon values great importance to strong risk management on an international level. The Group Methodology Team (GMT) is an important part of this. The primary goal of the Methodology team is to develop and maintain key financial / market risk models for Aegon Group. The Risk Manager will support the various external and internal stakeholders (Board of Directors, Management, Supervisors, Auditors). The team is located in both the US and in the Netherlands. For the team in The Hague we are looking for a pragmatic Risk expert who can coach, develop and grow the team in the Netherlands. There is a professional and a results driven atmosphere within the team. In addition there is also room for humor. You report to an inspiring risk professional who works at our US subsidiary.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Proactive, solicited and unsolicited, advising and challenging various departments within Finance and the business.
- Coaching of highly trained risk specialists
- Show leadership and ownership within GMT
- Ensures that existing financial / market risk models remain fit for purpose in an ever-changing environment.
- Substantive contribution to the development of financial / market risk models within various reporting frameworks.
- Preparation of periodic reports and recommendations to the Risk & Audit Committee and other internal stakeholders.
- Stakeholder management (internal and external) in the field of financial risks, including senior management, the external auditor and DNB.
- Substantive contributions to the working groups and projects within Aegon Group with regard to maintaining and improving Aegon's financial risk framework.
As Team Lead Risk Manager you are an experienced and competent sparring partner for the various stakeholders. You are able to test solutions and to sharpen things up. You formulate and substantiate your advice and insights carefully. You also have an excellent sense of relationships and you enjoy working together with others. Finally you pay attention to quality and you are proactive in your approach.
- Completed Master’s degree in econometrics, physics mathematics or actuarial.
- Approximately 5-10 years of relevant work experience.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with credit or market risks and in particular Solvency II.
- Affinity with financial and insurance processes.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language in speech and writing.
- Persistent, convincing, decisive, initiative-oriented, solution-oriented and organization-conscious.
- Connecting and focused on cooperation.
- Works in a structured way, is able to structure and to keep an overview of a complex domain and a large range of tasks.
- Able to analyze complex problems.
- Able to lead a diverse team of professionals.
Terms and conditions of employment
We offer you an interesting position where you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organization. Growth and development are important to us, that is why we invest amply in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excellent package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holiday days;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. An online assessment is part of the selection process. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager Dave.Heilbron@aegon.com or +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97