FunctieAegon is looking to recruit an actuary to work as part of a dedicated Insurance Linked Securities team. This person will be responsible for the development of the strategy and the day to day management of an ILS investment portfolio for the Aegon NL general account. The successful candidate will be part of a new and innovative ILS team with a diverse set of responsibilities as would be expected of someone in a senior role.
Role and responsibilities
As the senior catastrophe modeller/actuary you will have the following responsibilities within the ILS team:
- You are responsible for the development and ownership of the catastrophe risk models and methodologies;
- You will have regular interaction with various stakeholders and a significant point of contact and source of technical data for the wider team. Communication i.a. with, the local regulator, Insurance/Reinsurance Companies, Board members of Aegon NL;
- You will process and own month end risk calculations for internal and external stakeholders as a key driver for regular reporting;
- You will design, deliver and maintain an automated Large Loss claims database and take ownership of the data ensuring its accuracy and integrity;
- Autonomous quotation and risk assessment on different particular (re) insurance lines
- Support the pricing process for various investment opportunities;
- Collaborate with the deal originator’s Risk and Modelling team and relevant third party modelling firms during the pre and post event calculation phase;
- Prepare and present technical due diligence for each line written in addition to providing time series on a deal-by-deal basis to the deal originator’s risk and modelling team;
- Provide reliable and strong links with the underwriting and claims handling team, proactively seeking to enhance the delivered service;
- Support the development of Solvency II methodology and technology.
This role is the ‘engine room’ of the technical data to be used and interpreted by a variety of stakeholders and needs a bright, able and practical team player with a passion for data analysis.
Minimum of four to five years’ experience of working within property natural catastrophe re/insurance risk modelling environment with exposure to high volume of data analytics. Familiar with basic pricing and underwriting tools and a familiarity with risk models within the reinsurance industry (AIR, RMS, EQECAT and Impact Forecasting). Experience may include non-life related reserving processing.
Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office in addition to knowledge and understanding of risk modelling toolkits coupled with general programming skills (R, SQL, VBA, Matlab, C#)
- Superior analytical, numeracy and technical abilities with excellent interpersonal skills. Good verbal and written communication skills essential with experience of presenting to a varied audience
- Ability to work under pressure and face challenges head on with flair and entrepreneurial spirit and initiative
- An ability to continually seek to improve service and standards
- A natural desire for development of yourself and your team members
- Fluent in English. Fluency in Dutch is an asset.
- A competitive salary based on a 40 hour working week.
- A good work/life balance including a minimum of 25 vacation days.
- A commuting allowance.
- An excellent pension plan and discounts on Aegon products.