Are you our new Sr. Model Validator? Want to work at one of the largest Dutch Financial Institutions? Want to be working on model validation with a group of international colleagues at our global Holding? Aegon should be your next employer!
The global Model Validation team has intensive cooperation with local validation teams across Aegon, and the Senior Model Validator will act as review leader for group-led model validations. The aim of Model Validation is to provide assurance on the integrity of models used across Aegon. Model integrity implies that models are fit for purpose and produce reliable results that management can use for decision making. It further implies that the model is based on approved methodology, well developed and tested and that the model is well controlled and kept in a secure environment.
As a Sr. Model Validator, you will be responsible for validating various complex financial and actuarial models to assist Aegon in fulfilling its commitment of a lifetime of financial security for our customers and other stakeholders. You will be working in a dynamic organization where innovation is a key requirement.
Together with the rest of the Model validation and Model Risk Management (MV & MRM) team, you will be responsible for weighing up and prioritizing the needs of various stakeholders. You will report to an inspiring manager who will further develop your modelling expertise. You will work closely with the Model Validation team of both Aegon Netherlands and Aegon Group. The team is part of the Global Model Validation group, which means a lot of knowledge transfer and best practice traits.
The Model Validator will have a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Manage part of the group-wide Model Validation program, including coordination with local Model Validation teams as appropriate and taking part in performing validations with (local) experts.
- Act as review leader for key Model Validations and report key findings to the Model Validation Committee and other management. Provide recommendations for improvement to model owners.
- Manage local Model Validation Committee(s) to facilitate the approval of the model validations and report on the local validation plan and the progress of first line model development and gap closure.
- Provide guidance and support for the application of the Model Validation standards and provide expertise when needed to model owners and model engineers.
- Supporting the Risk Officer Model Validation on strategy, fine tuning and further embedding Model Validation and motivating/enabling 1st line to improve model quality, monitoring & testing Aegon wide.
- Provide technical expertise for Operational Risk and ERM maturity assessments across Aegon, especially in the fields of underwriting risk and financial risk. Report findings to senior management.
- Support further expanding the modelling ‘culture’ within Aegon International to assure models are robust and fit for purpose and all key stakeholders understand the model possibilities and limitations while using them.
You enjoy being challenged with complex issues and models. You have a track-record of structuring and keeping and overview over a complex domain, and you are equally comfortable stimulating group cooperation and working independently. You are fluent in communicating in English.
In addition, you have the following qualifications:
- A Master’s or PhD degree in the field of quantitative finance, econometrics, physics, chemistry etc.
- 8-10 years of relevant experience within quantitative (validation) modelling.
- Significant experience with modelling of pension and life insurance liabilities.
- Experience of at least one of the following programing languages: Visual Basic, R or Matlab
- Excellent communication skills in English, both in writing and verbally.
- Good influencing and persuasion skills required.
- Good planning, prioritizing and goal setting skills.
- Integrity to uphold policy requirements and Model Validation standards.
- Independent and critical, yet constructive, attitude.
- Self-starter and pro-active attitude.
Terms and conditions of employment
We offer you an interesting position where you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organisation. Growth and development are important to us, that is why we invest amply in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excellent package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holidays;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. An online assessment is part of the selection process. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager email@example.com or +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97