The people of Transamerica bring expertise, creativity, heart and diverse thought to everything that we do-and to the communities where we live and work.
Are you passionate about human resources, building relationships with key leaders of an organization, and a company’s overall employee experience? Are you interested in talent management, succession planning, and work force management as it applies to an organization’s financial services function? Would you like to be in a position that will allow you to impact the enterprise-wide initiatives that will continue to establish our company as an industry leader?
If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!
What You Will Do: You will provide Human Capital Management consulting to managers and employees of assigned business areas across locations. You will partner with other Human Resource (HR) Centers of Excellence to deliver value-added services in alignment with organizational objectives.
What You Will Learn: You will be working with a team of ambitious and engaged professionals who bring fresh ideas and diverse perspectives to help us continually shake up the status quo and stay on the forefront of our employee experience initiatives. You will learn what it means to work for a company that focuses on talent management and strategic planning enabling us to perform at the level we need to transform and grow our business and maintain the Transamerica reputation as an industry leader.
What Success Looks Like:
- Apply a broad knowledge of HR practices and business needs to provide HR support in moderately to highly complex situations.
- Facilitate HR discussions during manager and business team meetings to help align key business issues.
- Contribute to organizational design as a part of acquisitions, reductions in force, and location strategy.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to management (e.g. coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary action).
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation to managers and employees.
- Manage and resolve employee concerns and conduct more complex investigations as needed (e.g. ADA, FMLA, employee complaints, PTAG, SHARE); consult with other departments to complete investigation.
- Partner with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Advise in the selection and placement of internal and external talent.
- Execute on compensation philosophies; engage and advise management on practices for Total Rewards compensation programs. Work with Lead HR staff/management on exceptions.
- Support initiatives regarding culture, organizational change, engagement and organizational effectiveness.
- Participate in or lead cross-functional/cross-HR projects and programs for enterprise-wide or site specific needs.
- Identify opportunities to align programs and practices at and enterprise level, and to improve HR processes and suggest changes.
- Provide training/presentations for new hire orientation and routine topics. Facilitate more complex topics (e.g. Performance Management, special meetings).
- Facilitate business processes, approvals and audits in the HR Information System (HRIS) and other reporting tools.
- Provide guidance to lower level HR staff as needed.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR/organizational development or related business field and five years of HR generalist experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of HR business trends and objectives.
- Understanding of the business environment, preferably in the support of Actuary and/or Finance functions in the insurance or financial services industry.
- In-depth knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
- Experience handling complex employee relations issues.
- Willingness to engage in change and challenge the status quo. Flexibility to handle change and change processes in a fast-faced environment.
- Experience participating in change initiatives (e.g. organizational restructure, culture development, program changes).
- Demonstrated initiative and willingness to take reasonable risks.
- Communication and presentation skills to facilitate projects and programs.
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills to coach and influence staff and management at all levels.
- Ability to handle ambiguous and conflicting information.
- Critical thinking skills to resolve problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to organization and prioritize own activities and assist junior staff with prioritization.
- Proficiency using MS Office tools.
- Knowledge of Workday or other HRIS tools.
- HR certification (e.g. PHR, SHRM-CP).
- Experience applying change management practices and techniques.
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee
Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee
Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program.