Responsible for developing quantitative analytics and applications and reporting for liquidity and related activity in support of the division's risk management and ALM and hedging effort.
The people of Transamerica bring expertise, creativity, heart and diverse thought to
everything that we do-and to the communities where we live and work .
- Work with teams to achieve performance goals and maintain risk analytics and reports and communication with respect to liquidity and ALM and hedging.
- Support liquidity and collateral related analytics, including cash and yield allocation.
- Ensure timely, quality resolution of liquidity analysis.
- Manage and improve the reporting functional processes, and policies and procedures of the divisions objectives.
- Proactively resolve potential analytical ALM issues, with escalation as appropriate.
- Provide historical capital market expertise and reference and benchmarking and analysis and define analytical reporting dashboards and procedures.
- Achieve financial objectives by analyzing return and risk variances and initiating corrective action.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Work closely with cross functional partners to ensure collaboration and process efficiencies are maintained.
- Assist in developing action plans that support the business’ strategic direction and goals by developing vision, setting standards and communicating ideas.
- Assist audit and risk partners by providing requested documentation and information, as needed.
- Requires a graduate degree in mathematics, actuarial science, finance, business, or related field with 6 years relevant work experience OR Bachelor’s degree and FSA/CFA/Equivalent Designation plus 6 years relevant work experience OR Bachelor’s degree plus 9 years relevant work experience.
- May possesses an advanced degree in physics, applied mathematics, stat/probability or another quantitative discipline and/or possess an FSA or equivalent professional designation.
- Demonstrates high quality judgment, organizational and prioritization skills. Experience with derivatives and overall capital and financial markets.
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures.
- Excellent understanding of investment and finance concepts, and be able to creatively apply them in solving analytical problems in the business setting.
- Excellent understanding of investment and insurance products, with knowledge of at least one of life insurance, fixed and payout annuities, or long term care products being most preferable.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of investment and finance concepts to solve complex analytical problems.
- Advanced communication and presentation skills.
- A proactive action taker and doer.
Behavioral & Leadership Competencies
- Demonstrates high judgment, organization and prioritization skills.
- Effectively communicates, both verbally and in writing, advanced mathematical and analytical concepts to various audiences.
- Works well under pressure and within time constraints to effectively accomplish individual and team objectives. Excellent computer skills.
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.