Responsible for developing quantitative analytics and applications and reporting for liquidity and related activity in support of the division's risk management and ALM and hedging effort.
The people of Transamerica bring expertise, creativity, heart and diverse thought to
everything that we do-and to the communities where we live and work .
- Work with teams to achieve performance goals and maintain risk analytics and reports and communication with respect to liquidity and ALM and hedging.
- Support liquidity and collateral related analytics, including cash and yield allocation.
- Ensure timely, quality resolution of liquidity analysis.
- Manage and improve the reporting functional processes, and policies and procedures of the divisions objectives.
- Proactively resolve potential analytical ALM issues, with escalation as appropriate.
- Provide historical capital market expertise and reference and benchmarking and analysis and define analytical reporting dashboards and procedures.
- Achieve financial objectives by analyzing return and risk variances and initiating corrective action.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Work closely with cross functional partners to ensure collaboration and process efficiencies are maintained.
- Assist in developing action plans that support the business’ strategic direction and goals by developing vision, setting standards and communicating ideas.
- Assist audit and risk partners by providing requested documentation and information, as needed.
- Requires a graduate degree in mathematics, actuarial science, finance, business, or related field with 6 years relevant work experience OR Bachelor’s degree and FSA/CFA/Equivalent Designation plus 6 years relevant work experience OR Bachelor’s degree plus 9 years relevant work experience.
- May possesses an advanced degree in physics, applied mathematics, stat/probability or another quantitative discipline and/or possess an FSA or equivalent professional designation.
- Demonstrates high quality judgment, organizational and prioritization skills. Experience with derivatives and overall capital and financial markets.
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures.
- Excellent understanding of investment and finance concepts, and be able to creatively apply them in solving analytical problems in the business setting.
- Excellent understanding of investment and insurance products, with knowledge of at least one of life insurance, fixed and payout annuities, or long term care products being most preferable.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of investment and finance concepts to solve complex analytical problems.
- Advanced communication and presentation skills.
- A proactive action taker and doer.
Behavioral & Leadership Competencies
- Demonstrates high judgment, organization and prioritization skills.
- Effectively communicates, both verbally and in writing, advanced mathematical and analytical concepts to various audiences.
- Works well under pressure and within time constraints to effectively accomplish individual and team objectives. Excellent computer skills.
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program.