Performs actuarial product functions for the stable value business. Evaluates new product ideas and conducts maintenance of existing products. Executes and manages the design, pricing, and implementation of stable value products.
● Leads the preparation and interpretation of stable value actuarial and financial information for presentation to management.
● Monitors risk and profitability of Synthetic GIC stable value product and develops supporting reports and/or analyses.
● Maintains the product line or Corporate process to comply with various state and federal regulations.
● Manages studies that underlie actuarial assumptions and provides assumptions and data to others.
● May support creation of, or changes to, contracts, systems specifications and other actuarial aspects of product development.
● Monitors and analyzes developments in actuarial techniques, laws and regulations applicable to the company’s stable value operations, and competitive developments in the stable value marketplace. Recommends appropriate reactions to these developments.
● Provides guidance and advice regarding pricing rates, modeling methodology, or reserving and related matters.
● Serves as a key resource for completion of one or more major recurring projects during the course of the year.
● Represents the company on industry and professional committees.
- FSA, CFA or equivalent professional designation along with Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related field and 7 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree in a listed discipline and 5 years of relevant experience; ASA or equivalent professional designation and 12 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrates high quality leadership, judgment, organization and prioritization skills. Effectively communicates, both verbally and in writing. Advanced financial, mathematical and analytical concepts to various audiences. Works well under pressure and within time constraints to effectively accomplish individual and team objectives.
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration.
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution.
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo.
- Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer.
- Office environment. Limited travel may be required, including overnight.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.