This position can be located in Cedar Rapids, IA. or Exton, PA
Performs complex actuarial research, experience studies, statistical analyses, calculations and audits.
- Calculates profit studies, net premiums, reserves and/or non-forfeiture values of new and existing plans of insurance or similar calculations.
- Runs pricing and asset/liability models; reviews and verifies results for reasonableness.
- Develops, calculates and verifies policy values or similar actuarial values.
- May coordinate, prepare, and perform actuarial analyses to assist in the development of rates and pricing strategies.
- Develops, extends and maintains profit studies, non-forfeiture values, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) actuarial items, reserve programs, rate files, procedures and/or similar processes.
- Assists in preparing actuarial portion of financial reports or other documents (e.g. state insurance department filings, rating agency survey forms, internal management reports, etc.).
- Communicates actuarial research results to product management areas and possibly other departments.
- Provides consultation and clarification on actuarial models, risk issues or other actuarial items.
- Maintains documentation of actuarial research and analyses.
- May supervise one or more Actuarial Analysts, Actuarial Students or Actuarial Technicians.
Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related field and 3 years of relevant experience. In lieu of Bachelor's, will accept Master's in a listed discipline and 1 year of relevant experience. Must have completed five actuarial exams. Must be an active participant in the Actuarial Student Program, taking additional exams towards FSA. Must be able to interpret complex analytical data. Communicates, both verbally and in writing, advanced mathematical and analytical concepts. Works well under pressure and within time constraints to effectively accomplish individual and team objectives. Must possess advanced organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills. Advanced computer skills.
Normal office environment. Limited travel may be required.