This position can be located in Cedar Rapids, IA. Exton, PA, or Plano, TX.
Performs complex actuarial research, experience studies, statistical analyses, calculations and audits.
- Calculates profit studies, net premiums, reserves and/or non-forfeiture values of new and existing plans of insurance or similar calculations.
- Runs pricing and asset/liability models; reviews and verifies results for reasonableness.
- Develops, calculates and verifies policy values or similar actuarial values.
- May coordinate, prepare, and perform actuarial analyses to assist in the development of rates and pricing strategies.
- Develops, extends and maintains profit studies, non-forfeiture values, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) actuarial items, reserve programs, rate files, procedures and/or similar processes.
- Assists in preparing actuarial portion of financial reports or other documents (e.g. state insurance department filings, rating agency survey forms, internal management reports, etc.).
- Communicates actuarial research results to product management areas and possibly other departments.
- Provides consultation and clarification on actuarial models, risk issues or other actuarial items.
- Maintains documentation of actuarial research and analyses.
- May supervise one or more Actuarial Analysts, Actuarial Students or Actuarial Technicians.
Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related field and 3 years of relevant experience which includes U.S. Life insurance, annuities experience. In lieu of Bachelor's, will accept Master's in a listed discipline and 1 year of relevant experience. Must have completed five actuarial exams. Must be an active participant in the Actuarial Student Program, taking additional exams towards FSA. Must be able to interpret complex analytical data. Communicates, both verbally and in writing, advanced mathematical and analytical concepts. Works well under pressure and within time constraints to effectively accomplish individual and team objectives. Must possess advanced organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills. Advanced computer skills.
Normal office environment. Limited travel may be required.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: email@example.com.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.