Actuarial Fixed Annuities, Payout and Pension
Do you have a passion for supporting special projects? Do you want to be a part of an IFRS 17 project? Are you interested in model conversions, modernization and FIA new model development and testing?
If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!
What You Will Do:
As an Associate Actuary you will be responsible for Directing and providing leadership in the design, pricing, and implementation of insurance products. In addition, you will oversee a small team within actuarial modeling, risk management, valuation or other actuarial department.
What You Will Learn:
As the Actuary of Fixed Annuities, Payouts and Pension you will support IFRS17 methodology and implementation for all department owned product lines. You will increase your ability to build and maintain strong relationships across Transamerica. You will learn to promote a Future Fit mindset including Acting as One, Accountability, Agility and Customer Centricity.
What Success Looks Like:
- Supports various actuarial special projects which include IFRS 17, Model conversion, Modernization and FIA new model development and testing
- Provides reports and analyses to management on sales, persistence and mortality or morbidity experience for various product lines, reserve adequacy, risk management information, or various other similar items.
- Manages studies that underlie actuarial assumptions and provides assumptions and data to others.
- May support creation of systems specifications, contracts, commission structures, and other actuarial aspects of product development.
- Monitors and analyzes developments in actuarial techniques, laws and regulations applicable to company operations, and competitive developments in the marketplace.
- May represent the company on industry and professional committees and/or with regulators.
- May supervise a small team of employees.
What You Need:
- FSA or equivalent professional designation along with Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related field and 6 years of relevant experience. In lieu of Bachelor's, will accept Master's in a listed discipline and 4 years of relevant experience. In lieu of FSA will accept ASA or equivalent professional designation and 10 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrates high quality leadership, judgment, organization and prioritization skills.
- Effectively communicates, both verbally and in writing, advanced mathematical and analytical concepts to various audiences.
- Works well under pressure and within time constraints to effectively accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Experience on MG-ALFA highly preferred
- Experience on actuarial accounting principle changes, modeling, financial reporting and model integrity
- Programming skills preferred
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program.