Do you have a passion for supporting special projects? Do you want to be a part of an IFRS 17 project? Are you interested in model conversions, modernization and new model development and testing for Fixed Annuities, FIA and Payout products?
If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!
What You Will Do:
As the lead of the IFRS 17 project team within the A&R Actuarial Valuation of Fixed Annuities, Payouts & Pension area, you will be responsible for methodology and assumption development, model conversion and testing and assisting with implementation of the IFRS 17 actuarial models. This role reports to the Head of Actuarial Valuation for Fixed Annuities, Payouts & Pension.
What You Will Learn:
You will support IFRS 17 methodology and implementation for all department owned product lines. You will increase your ability to build and maintain strong relationships across Transamerica. You will learn to promote a Future Fit mindset including Acting as One, Accountability, Agility and Customer Centricity.
What Success Looks Like:
- Participate in IFRS 17 working groups to facilitate the determination of appropriate methodology and assumptions to use in IFRS 17 actuarial models for all department owned product lines
- Support development, testing, documentation and conversion of actuarial models to support IFRS 17 framework
- Builds key controls to support appropriate data flows, reconciliations and analysis of results for IFRS 17 valuation processes
- Coordinates with various teams to support Modernization of actuarial models, model validation, control walkthroughs, data integrity and consistency in application of IFRS 17 principles
- Presents department owned product line IFRS 17 results to various stakeholders including valuation team lead and direct reports, IFRS 17 Project Team, various Governance Committees and Senior Management
- Assist with other special projects on an as-needed basis
- Monitors and analyzes developments in actuarial techniques, laws and regulations applicable department owned product lines
- May supervise a small team of employees.
What You Need:
- FSA or equivalent professional designation along with Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related field and 6 years of relevant experience. In lieu of Bachelor's, will accept Master's in a listed discipline and 4 years of relevant experience. In lieu of FSA will accept ASA or equivalent professional designation and 10 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrates high quality leadership, judgment, organization and prioritization skills.
- Effectively communicates, both verbally and in writing, advanced mathematical and analytical concepts to various audiences.
- Works well under pressure and within time constraints to effectively accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Experience on MG-ALFA highly preferred
- Experience on actuarial accounting principle changes, modeling, financial reporting and model integrity
- Programming skills preferred
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: email@example.com.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.