Are you interested in a finance or accounting role where you can lead others and help teams set direction? Do you enjoy working on special projects and mentoring others? Does working for a company with a rich history and a passion for helping clients build a solid financial foundation for today and tomorrow interest you
If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!
What You Will Do: This is a key position that will help define strategies and planning in order to ensure organizational deliverables with our retirement plan business is met. In this position you will manage a team, execute controls, conduct analysis, handle projects, and convey results to management. Help us shake up the status quo and stay at the forefront of reinventing how we meet our customer needs.
What You Will Learn: In this position, you will learn about the retirement plan business, its team members, and their critical projects. Build relationships with key leaders in finance while influencing and setting direction.
What Success Looks Like:
- Direct and ensure the integrity and accuracy of accounting and/or financial reporting information within the organization.
- Manage resources across multiple projects and teams to achieve performance standards; develop and motivate staff to achieve effectiveness; mentor, train, and share high level knowledge.
- Prepare written analysis to propose recommendations to senior management for decision making.
- Drive the development of financial reports and complex models for forecasting, trending and results analysis.
- Partner with internal/external contacts to ensure accounting matters are appropriately resolved.
- Lead and drive the adherence and alignment to the Company's framework of internal controls.
- Understand and apply technical accounting concepts for multiple bases of accounting.
- Oversee management staff providing hiring, direction, coaching, and training of staff. Complete performance appraisals and evaluates overall performance of team.
- Strategically align staff goals with business priorities and objectives.
- Collaborate effectively to provide input on organizational strategy and policy while managing risks.
- Develop strategic direction for the department/business unit. Responsible for departmental budget.
- Embody a culture of accountability, innovation, teamwork, and customer centricity.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Generally 12+ years of experience, primarily in the insurance, financial services, or investment management industry
- Demonstrated management/leadership experience
- Extensive knowledge of applicable accounting and business areas
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing to all audiences
- Ability to lead a large group of employees to ensure business goals are met
- Forward thinker able to anticipate future needs/challenges
- Organizational and prioritization skills
- Effective judgment and decision-making skills
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: email@example.com.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.