The people of Transamerica bring expertise, creativity, heart and diverse thought to everything that we do-and to the communities where we live and work.
Transamerica, a leader and innovator in the insurance, investment and retirement marketplace has created an exciting leadership role in our Asset, Liability Management and Hedging Group. This group is responsible for all asset and liability management across Transamerica. This position is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
What You Will Do: In this highly visible role, the incumbent will have broad responsibility for Transamerica/AEGON’s ALM for insurance company assets related to Life, Health and Annuity business lines.
What You Will Learn: You will get to see how a large scale multi line life insurer is managed and will be a key decision maker in the management across all lines.
What Success Looks Like:
- Managing ALM operations related to reporting requirements
- Develop portfolio strategies in line with ALM constraints
- Respond to the complexity & opportunities of the capital markets to maximize return/minimize risk in our ALM strategies.
- Developing multi-period reinvestment strategies and management actions related to our portfolios
- Oversee product on-boarding for GA business lines
- Manage key internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Build and lead a team of experienced ALM professionals
- Managing function’s budget
What You Need:
- Graduate degree in mathematics, actuarial science, finance or related field, plus ten years of relevant experience (or) Bachelor’s degree in a related field and FSA, CFA or other designation, plus ten years of experience (or) Bachelor’s degree in a related field, plus 12 years of relevant experience.
- In-depth understanding of investment and finance concepts to solve complex analytical problems.
- Management experience.
- Leadership skills.
- Advanced communication and presentation skills
- A minimum of 8 years of management experience in a large complex organization
- Strong understanding of drivers of Asset and Liability changes and their impact to financial statements.
- Theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience with a broad array of valuation techniques for assets and liabilities
- Ability to work well with other leaders in ALM and broader finance function (trading, accounting, investments, tax, capital strategy etc.)
- New product development and on-boarding experience. Ability to identify material risk factors in products.
- Strong understanding of industry accepted actuarial reserving techniques and regulatory requirements
- Strong understanding of the interaction between behavior models and financial risks. Ability to use product design to simplify behavioral models and reduce behavior risk, develop stress tests, and models for new products/behaviors.
- Understanding of how various accounting standards interact with liabilities and product design.
- Demonstrates high quality leadership, judgment, organization and prioritization skills.
- Track record of success leading large or transformative projects with the ability to implement change.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to simplify complex technical concepts for a non-technical audience.
- FSA preferred.
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.