The people of Transamerica bring expertise, creativity, heart and diverse thought to everything that we do-and to the communities where we live and work
Do you have a passion for supporting asset modeling? Do you want to implement asset capabilities to our models? Are you able to assist with complex and new regulatory changes and / or modeling concepts?
If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!
What You Will Do:
As a Risk Analyst you will be responsible for providing analytical support. You will be working on the Life & Health Team, focusing primarily on Liability modeling.
What You Will Learn:
You will increase your ability to build and maintain strong relationships across Transamerica. You will learn to promote a Future Fit mindset including Acting as One, Accountability, Agility and Customer Centricity.
What Success Looks Like:
- Provides technical and actuarial guidance for Transamerica’s valuation and / or projection platforms used for Life and Health products
- Lead development and implementation of small to medium-sized projects
- Able to manage a small team (1-2 employees)
- Applies various risk management techniques and procedures, as well as the company's risk methodologies.
- Creates reports and processes for management regarding risk analysis.
- Provides analytical support to Management. Requires decision-making on development, presentation and interpretation of various ALM reports.
- Assists with modeling, and quantifying risks, including: equity and interest rate sensitivities, cash flow variability, credit, alternative investment, or liquidity risks.
- Assists Managers in monitoring and maintaining hedging models and programs by: structuring new hedges, helping maintain portfolios on systems, and preparing portfolio, hedge program, and cash flow reports.
- Gathers and analyzes market data, calculates hedge program or portfolio statistics, and develops/uses models to simulate hedging, and financial reporting processes.
What You Need:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in math, actuarial science, statistics, related science field, finance, or related business field OR Bachelor’s plus FSA/CFA/Equivalent Designation and 1 year relevant work experience OR Bachelors plus 1-2 years relevant work experience OR an Advanced Degree.
- Must possess good understanding of investment and finance concepts, and be able to creatively apply them in solving analytical problems in the business setting.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Should have a basic understanding of investment and insurance products. Has experience working with Life and Health products a plus.
- Modeling experience required, GGY-AXIS, ALFA, MoSes experience preferred
- Has some form of technical experience (SQL, Python, VBA, etc.)
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program.