Aegon’s Global Information Security Office (GISO) delivers certain information security programs across all Aegon business units. Specifically the GISO team establishes and maintains the information security policy and standards; overall information security governance, risk, and compliance; metrics; and portions of third party information security, crisis management, awareness & training, as well as deploys a global Security Operations Center. In addition, there is a strong connection with the local business unit information security teams to cohesively work together to deliver the suite of information security services to Aegon.
This role supports the overall development and maintenance of the Aegon global information security policy, program, procedures, controls, and standards. In addition, assists with other defined tasks in support of the Information Security Program, such as information security consulting, Incident Response, Cyber Threat Management, Risk Analysis, Control Design within Applications and Services, Evaluation of Control Effectiveness, and Staff Awareness, Education and Training.
This individual will have day to day responsibilities to:
- Assist in the management of the information security program lifecycle activity and governance
- Define / update information security policies, standards and controls
- Maintain alignment with global frameworks/programs (e.g., IT Risk Management), industry standards and leading practices
- Maintain mappings of various global regulatory requirements to internal controls and standards
- Leverage available tooling to support the management of policies and standards
- Define, develop and manage specific procedures that support and implement the policies
- Use IT controls knowledge to maintain and update the integrated risk and controls catalog based on industry standards and regulatory requirements
- Coordinate and communicate with individuals across the globe
- Provide proactive education, awareness and training of Information Security program requirements
- Work in a role on a global team including regular communications with individuals in different business units and different countries
In addition, responsibilities may extend into other information security domains such as:
- Provide input, creates awareness and training materials and leads certain activities, such as hardcopy and online learning content, presentations, pamphlets, electronic communications (e.g., internal blogs).
- Perform and lead certain procedural tasks found within control self-assessments and security exception/waiver processes, such as assessing controls and compliance with standards, assisting in management of exception reviews and recommending action plans.
- Perform and lead certain procedural tasks found within third-party assessments, such as reviewing due-diligence artifacts, supervising tasks, reviewing results and recommending outcomes.
- Perform procedural tasks found within other security processes, such as information management, classification and protection.
- Ability to help employees and contractors understand their role in safeguarding information, technology and services. Assist and show where policies, processes and procedures can be found and explain why they should be followed.
- Tracks current and impeding laws, regulations and industry requirements and best practices, such as data protection, data privacy, cyber security and information security. Is able to translate requirements into practical solutions.
- Gathers data, analyzes and drafts reports, including department, project, key indicators and dashboards. Assists with requirements and improvement plans.
- Ability to quickly develop excellent working relationships with peers and key stakeholders, such as business partners, legal, internal audit, risk, and technology specialists.
- Other duties as assigned based on department and organizational needs.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Computer Science, MIS, Auditing, Finance, or Business or equivalent education and experience required.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience required
- Knowledge and some experience with data protection, data privacy laws, regulations and industry requirements as well as best practices.
- Excellent documentation and verbal communication skills.
- Technology, risk management, compliance or audit background helpful.
- BIG 4 and/or consulting experience highly desirable.
- Experience using proprietary and/or third party policy, control, and standard mapping tools.
- Excellent time management and analytical skills.
- Team oriented.
- Strong project management skills.
- Attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Deadline driven.
- Task oriented.
- Certification(s): CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CISA or ABCP
Behavioral & Leadership Competencies
- Attention to Detail
- Functional Knowledge
- Quality Focus
- Written Communication
At Aegon we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo
- Customer Centricity encourages an above average and beyond approach to our customers
- Normal office environment
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.