Join our forward-looking team focusing on the future of security. The Security Architect is a key member of the Enterprise Architecture team which is responsible globally for both security architecture and Transamerica’s Cloud Program.
The successful candidate will leverage their security, architecture, and dev/ops experience that manages risk for both cloud and on premises environments using innovative solutions. The ability to create reusable security architectures, create working prototypes, and partner with application teams to reduce risk will demonstrate success. Create risk mitigation through the development of architectures that implement detective, responsive, and preventative security controls. Use cloud native security technologies to create a comprehensive and cohesive security plan for all aspects of identity management, user management, role management, and entitlement reviews.
Examples of the responsibilities include but are not limited to developing security reference architectures, developing POC’s of security API’s and identity controls using serverless and other hosting, apply identity management best practices to identity suites, and work with other teams across Transamerica as a security advisor for key initiatives. Success will be measured by enabling teams to implement a secure application environment that allows these teams to automate development lifecycle and operate in an agile manner. The ability to drive innovation in how this is accomplished is key for the successful candidate.
- Work collaboratively with other architects, identity teams, analytics teams, and business product owners in an agile environment.
- Architect and design Cloud and On-Premises enterprise identity infrastructure and tools.
- Design robust, reusable and scalable identity solutions and integrate identity into pipeline frameworks to automate the ingestion, processing and delivery of identity for application and infrastructure.
- Lead the development of identity API’s and identity delivery services to support critical operational processes, analytical models, and machine learning applications.
- Recommend the selection and integration of identity related tools, frameworks and applications required to expand our platform capabilities.
- Recommend and implement best practices for the management of enterprise identity
- Learn and keep pace with the latest advances in the field; rapidly grasp new technologies to support the environment and contribute to project deliverables.
- May manage/coach staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, or equivalent experience
- Five years of collective experience in the application of architecture, enterprise roadmaps, analytics, cloud, IT strategies, innovation, identity concepts and methodologies
- Well versed in defining, recommending, promoting, and enforcing program and project solutions
- Three years of experience in the four of the following areas:
(1) Architecting, building and administering complex architectures and technologies, and real time identity provisioning, creation, products and tools
(2) Architecting, building and administering large-scale identity provisioning solutions
(3) Architecting scalable role management solutions
(4) Experience with architecting identity for a strongly regulated environment.
- Attention to detail and results oriented, with a strong customer focus
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical communication skills
- Prioritization skills to meet tight deadlines
- The ability to work in a team environment
- Leadership capability to effectively communicate with all levels of management
- Experience with advanced analytics and machine learning concepts and technology implementations
- Experience with security identity tools and using security tools to describe identity in plain language
- Experience with identity g systems such as ISAM, Sideminder, Sailpoint, Active Directory, Okta, Cognito, Azure Active Directory
- Experience with identity management standards such as oAuth, SAML, et al
- Technology or platform certifications (e.g. CISSP, CISSP-ISSAP, AWS, Microsoft)
- Office environment
- Occasional travel
This job description is not a contract of employment nor for any specific job responsibilities. The Company may change, add to, remove, or revoke the terms of this job description at its discretion. Managers may assign other duties and responsibilities as needed. In the event an employee or applicant requests or requires an accommodation in order to perform job functions, the applicable HR Business Partner should be contacted to evaluate the accommodation request.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: email@example.com.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.