The Manager of Software Engineering is focused on leading teams in the development and implementation of web and cloud technologies to support an agile digital business. Helps define web and cloud strategies, grow capabilities, and develops the team by providing technology leadership, career development and mentoring in design, framework, and platform decisions.
- Lead a team of Software Engineers in working collaboratively with other technology teams and business product owners in an agile environment.
- Perform design and analysis for deliverables. Lead multi-team design sessions.
- Recommend solutions which take into consideration costs, business needs, and system impacts.
- Lead analysis and general architectural design across platforms toward the development of end-to-end solutions.
- Lead committees or projects to help define organization-wide standards, processes, and guidelines.
- Utilize third-party software development frameworks, open-source libraries, and APIs to rapidly develop basic application solutions.
- Develop staff through coaching, provide timely performance feedback and assessments and establish performance and development plans. Mentor current and future leaders, ensuring a constantly rising bar in technical excellence and professional growth.
- Drive a culture of change, excellence and innovation which constructively challenges the status quo and leads to prudent experimentation. Have a growth mindset with the ability to adopt new practices and spearhead adoption with emphasis on quality and execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, math, engineering, or other technical field, or equivalent experience
- Six years of experience with database design techniques/philosophies, modern distributed applications, and microservices
- Four years of experience in delivery of large-scale design projects involving interaction with a broad spectrum of enterprise operational functions
- Two years of experience in architecting, building, and administering big data and real-time streaming analytics architecture in both premises and cloud environments
- Strong background in the execution of DevOps methodologies and continuous integration/continuous delivery
- Experience managing vendor relationships, including product/service evaluation, contract negotiations, and on-going relationship management
- Familiarity with modern UI development frameworks (e.g. Angular, React, Vue.js) and web technologies (e.g. HTTP, HTML, JS, CSS)
- Results oriented with a strong customer focus
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences, and influence at all levels
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed environment and identify, define, and resolve organizational issues
- Creative analytical thinker
- Attention to detail and results oriented, with a strong customer focus
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical communication skills and the ability to present information to all levels of the organization
- Problem-solving and technical communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines
- Understanding of advanced analytics and machine learning concepts and technology implementations
- Understanding of data mapping and ETL
- Technology or platform certifications (e.g. AWS, Microsoft)
- Knowledge of the financial services industry
- Office environment
- Work outside of normal business hours may be required
- Moderate travel
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.