This dynamic role requires broad understanding of cyber security principles, investigation techniques, and incident response practices to support Transamerica’s Information Security Office’s Incidence Response and Cyber Resiliency team and is responsible for conducting cyber investigations through the full incident response lifecycle. Responsible for identifying control improvement opportunities and working with other stakeholder teams to deliver new technologies and services to support the strategies of the business. These technologies and services are delivered as a part of a technology strategy and roadmap that is developed based on a comprehensive analysis of capabilities and needs. Participates in and provides leadership for small project delivery teams as new technologies and cyber security services are introduced to the business.
- Correlating log, paper, process, and event data to find relevant connections and to broaden understanding of cyber security, fraud, network, and process events.
- Coordinate cross functional cyber security and fraud incident response events and teams.
- Reviewing and analyzing forensic and cyber security event data related to fraud and potential fraud events.
- Threat intelligence correlation to reveal and enrich understanding of threat vectors, attack processes, fraud actors, and malicious cyber behavior.
- Conducting open-source threat research and analysis, including mining dark and deep web sources.
- Development and distribution of root cause analyses; to gain shared understanding and agreement on attack, containment, remediation steps, process changes and technical control implementations.
- Working with business leaders and client management organizations to explain and level set fraud event issues and concepts.
- Experienced in conducting and leading incident response and cyber investigation.
- Breadth of knowledge across technology and cyber security disciplines.
- Subject matter experts in one or more technologies and their interaction with applications.
- Ability to convert complex information into simple, explainable solutions.
- Understanding of current and future business needs met by infrastructure platforms.
- Results-driven with a bias towards practical applications.
- Possesses a planning orientation with integrative and strategic thinking skills.
- Knowledge of open-source threat intelligence collection techniques.
- Ability to define and communicate complex technical and cyber security problems, concepts and situations to multiple skill levels; including business personnel with little to no cyber experience.
- 2-5+ years of related work experience.
- Four-year Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Five or more years of related work experience.
- Certifications in relevant technologies, methods, or platforms are a plus.
- Demonstrate the key critical behaviors of commitment to task, communication, customer focus, decision making / problem solving, flexibility, tolerance of ambiguity, planning, prioritizing, and goal setting
- Strong knowledge of Information Security and Cyber Fraud demonstrated by one or more of the following:
- Bachelor degree in Information/Cyber Security, Information Risk, Information Risk Management.
- Bachelor degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Management or similar four year technical degree combined with one or more of the following:
- Active CHFI, CISSP, CEH, CompTIA Security+, CAP, CISM, CASP or CISA or equivalent certifications
- Demonstrate the key critical behaviors of commitment to task, communication, customer focus, decision making / problem solving, flexibility, tolerance of ambiguity, planning, prioritizing, and goal setting.
- Experience in Insurance, Payments, Banking or other Fin-Tech Industries.
Behavioral & Leadership Competencies
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts
- Ability to drive and achieve consensus/support from large diverse groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills enabling effective articulation of strategy.
- Experience with systems such as Remedy, JIRA, or equivalent.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, preferably with deep Excel and PowerPoint skill sets.
- Demonstrated project management and client relationship skills.
- Ability to lead teams on small to medium projects is required.
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration.
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution.
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo.
- Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer.
- Must be available to travel up to 10%