We are looking for Data/Machine Learning engineers at all levels to help us build a robust and scalable data platform to support AI/ML data pipelines, reporting and data analysis as our business scales. We use cloud native (AWS) cutting-edge technologies like Spark, Kinesis/Kafka Streaming, Graph , infrastructure as code, CI/CD to deliver high-quality data solutions to analysts, data scientists, and partners.
We’re looking for an engineer that takes ownership in their work, has a strong focus on quality, and enjoys working in a collaborative environment.
- Apply proven expertise and build high-performance scalable data warehouses
- Design, build and launch efficient & reliable data pipelines to move and transform data (both large and small amounts)
- Securely source external data from numerous partners
- Intelligently design data models for optimal storage and retrieval
- Deploy inclusive data quality checks to ensure high quality of data
- Optimize existing pipelines and maintain of all domain-related data pipelines
- Ownership of the end-to-end data engineering component of the solution
- Collaboration with the Data Center SMEs, Data Scientists, and Program Managers
- Support on-call shift as needed to support the team
- Design and develop new systems in partnership with software engineers to enable quick and easy consumption of data
- Bachelor’s degree or Maser degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- 5 + years of SQL (Oracle, Vertica, Hive, etc.) experience and relational databases experience (Oracle, MySQL)
- 5 + years of experience in custom or structured (i.e. Informatica/Talent/Pentaho) ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- 5 + years’ experience in data engineering, experience in applying DWH/ETL best practic
- 5 + years of Java and/or Python development experience
- 5 + years of experience in LAMP and the Big Data stack environments (Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive)
- 5 + years of experience working with enterprise DE tools and experience learning in-house DE tools
- 3+ years exp in AWS data solutions stack – EMR, S3, redshift, Kinesis, ECS, Docker
- 3+ years exp in CI/CD stack – Jenkins , Git
- Master’s degree or Bachelor degree in a related field.
- Cloudera Administrator certification.
- Office environment.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: email@example.com.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.