Provide subject matter expertise across the Individual Solutions & Retail Affiliates (IS&RA) business line on the day-to-day execution of the Transamerica Operational Risk Management (ORM) program to ensure appropriate risk considerations are in place and practiced across the company including the identification, assessment, monitoring, and reporting of key risks across the company business and technology landscape. The IS&RA business line includes insurance agencies, broker dealers, investment advisors, asset management companies and core back office operations. Products within IS&RA include life and health insurance, annuities, mutual funds, ETFs and other investment products. This is a unique role with an opportunity to engage in key strategic projects across the business while providing a dynamic experience to further enhance one’s career. Apply today!
- Deep subject-matter expertise in risks, controls, and in-depth understanding of the business and/or technology landscape.
- Partner with business and technology management to lead the execution of risk assessments across business groups.
- Challenge current process design, identify areas for improvement, and recommend changes to supporting policies, procedures and control execution to increase efficiency and quality.
- Lead risk issue management activities, including risk identification, root cause analysis, action plan status monitoring, and reporting of outcomes to management.
- Collaborate and challenge process owners during the development of action plans to assess adequacy of actions taken by management.
- Lead the execution of Risk & Control Self Assessments (RCSA) via review and challenge of inherent/residual risk scoring, risk mitigation, review control design and execution.
- Collaborate with peers in the Risk Management function, and various partners and stakeholders throughout the organization (e.g. line and functional management, compliance, IT, Internal Audit).
- Lead the execution of risk assessment activities across various organizational functions, programs, projects, processes, etc.
- Navigate company Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC) tool to record, update and report on various risk issues, risk events, action plans, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or relevant field
- Eight years of experience working in operational risk management or internal controls related environment
- Progressive experience in operational risk management, internal controls, audit, risk management, or equivalent field
- Deep understanding of operational functions, preferably in the financial services industry
- In-depth knowledge and hands on experience with risk management principles and techniques including development of process flows, identification and assessment of risks and controls, testing and monitoring procedures, and development of related metrics
- Ability to present and interact with various levels of management
- Ability to build relationships with people at all levels
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Strong knowledge and/or experience in the insurance or financial services industry
- Office environment
- Moderate travel