Innovation Engagement Manager
Are you an experienced at working with business groups to help drive straight through processing? Do you have significant knowledge of product/program management and seeing results from start to finish? Have you created development roadmaps or created business model designs?
If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!
What You Will Do:
As the Innovation Engagement Manager you will serve as a primary point of contact and internal ambassador for the Innovation group across business lines and geographies to support the commercialization of internal innovation. You will be a tech transfer agent for external innovations and provide hands-on assistance for innovation delivery in one or more emerging technology disciplines.
What You Will Learn:
As data becomes more prevalent and insurance becomes more personalized through the use of technology, it is essential for Transamerica to develop capabilities to maintain a leading role in insurance. You will learn to be focused on developing, securing, sharing and implementing new ideas across Transamerica.
What Success Looks Like:
- Serve as an internal ambassador to business units to increase awareness of innovation tools, build culture, and generate commercialization and productization opportunities across the organization.
- Build relationships with key business leaders and subject matter experts and gain an understanding of their strategic needs.
- Educate and assist internal innovators in use case, value proposition, and business model canvas design as well as assist in creation of development roadmaps for innovation projects.
- Lead the company in use of design thinking to identify new approaches to problem solving and rapidly iterate potential solutions.
- Develop a Life Insurance industry wide view of current innovation practices and design driven problem solving. Use competitor research to understand recent advances and best practices, and inform our approach to developing solutions.
- Shepherd commercialization projects end-to-end (from concept through productization). Liaise with all roles, stakeholders, and project management.
- Monitor and measure launched solutions and feed insights back into the solution development process.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant business or technical field, or equivalent experience
- Eight years of experience working with teams to gather insights and identify solutions to business problems
- Experience managing complex projects, programs, and research efforts
- In-depth understanding of design thinking, lean startup, or customer development methodology
- Strong relationship building skills to work with internal stakeholders on innovation projects, and establish external contacts with domain experts in emerging technologies
- Skilled in presentation tools and early stage financial modeling
- Strong business acumen to bridge the gap between the business and technology/analytics
- Communication skills to educate, influence, and direct others
- Preferred: Graduate degree in a design field
- Preferred: Experience leading design thinking teams or lean startup sessions
- Prototyping and repaid development experience is preferred
- Customer development experience as a facilitator and user (e.g. business model Canvas, value proposition design) is preferred
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: email@example.com.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.