The people of Transamerica bring expertise, creativity, heart and diverse thought to everything that we do-and to the communities where we live and work.
Are you a self-starter that is sales driven, open-minded, organized, and have an appetite for a challenge?
If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!
What You Will Do: As an Employee Benefits Internal Wholesaler (IW), you will provide sales support and territory management support to a designated RVP/DSM (Regional Vice President/Divisional Sales Manager). The goal is to provide our distribution partners and customers with an exceptional level of service making Transamerica an easy company to do business with. The IW is an internal partner for the RVP/DSM and acts as a liaison for agents, brokers and consultants to maximize sales with Transamerica. The IW works with the RVP/DSM to execute on an annual territory development plan focused on growing sales through targeted distribution partnerships. IWs successfully working with the plan enable Transamerica distribution partners to easily navigate Transamerica’s products, sales and implementation processes, enrollment and technology capabilities/outlets, and also serve as a conduit for licensing, proposals, commissions and education on service processes such as claims and billing. The IW is readily available to assist our agents with clean business submission, insuring proper pre-case enrollment set up and conditions. IWs are the lead driver in finding cross-selling opportunities with existing cases and assist with business retention of existing client groups. An IW’s role and responsibilities provide a level of internal sales support required to allow an RVP/DSM to increase meeting volume and be evermore confident in the delivery quality of Transamerica’s product and services,
What You Will Learn: You will be working with a team of ambitious and engaged professionals who bring fresh ideas and diverse perspectives to help us continually shake up the status quo and stay on the forefront of reinventing how we meet our customer needs through our sales efforts. This position will help you gain a better understanding of who we are and what it means to be part of a team focused on growth and enhancing both the customer and employee experience.
What Success Looks Like:
- Establish and maintain ongoing relationship with RVP/DSM with a common goal of increasing Transamerica sales and market share in the Employee Benefits space. Actively participate in the development and execution of the annual territory development plan.
- Daily/regular communication with assigned RVP/DSM (ie. executing on/adjustments to the territory development plan, set RVP/DSM appointments, create competitive proposals, etc.)
- Conduct all aspects of new agent onboarding and training. Primary point of contact to onboard and train new agents on appointment process. Utilize webinar technology to conduct agent portal, product, and enrollment training.
- Establish and conduct a weekly agent training webinar for the assigned territory.
- Primary point of contact for case pre-sale activity and troubleshooting (ie. licensing, commissions, proper case set up). Review case documents for accuracy and identify “not in good order” business before it reaches the Home Office for processing. Conduct agent training or re-training as issues are found.
- Work in partnership with other colleagues (internal and external) to troubleshoot and resolve account issues, rate or premium discrepancies, and pre and post enrollment client issues.
- Provide referrals to EB Health and Institutional Market teams, as well as, Transamerica Life and Retirement Sales Desks teams when appropriate.
- Reach out to agencies regarding upcoming Transamerica business renewals in order to increase retention; cross-sell new product lines; and resolve issues for better business retention.
- Document all activity and pertinent issues in the CRM system (Salesforce) as the activity occurs ie. appointments/meetings, sales conversations, sales/cross-sell opportunities, webinars, agent contact info, training, etc. Detailed metrics and job standards are required and will be provided upon hire.
- Other duties and responsibilities, as required.
What You Need:
- BS or BA degree required or equivalent industry experience.
- Two years Brokerage Employee Benefit experience
- Active Life & Health Insurance license or obtain within 3 months of hire
- Intermediate level personal computer skills – Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. along with Salesforce and other telephony systems.
- Excellent listening and problem identification/resolution skills to identify and assess needs, troubleshoot issues, and determine the type of sales support needed to accomplish the objective or resolve an issue.
- Ability to multi-task (ie. talk on the phone while navigating computer systems and entering data at the same time)
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) (not a requirement, but strongly preferred)
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program.
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo
- Customer Centricity encourages an above average and beyond approach to our customers